Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with brake lights staying on after car is shut off. My car 0s 2000 El Dorado ESC. I can reset the problem by disconnecting battery, but it will come back in a few days. I had the car to dealer once for this problem and they reprogrammed the computer so the main module would communicate with secondary computer module. This fix worked for 3 months, now all of sudden problem is back. anyone out there deal with this before?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
steelerfan said:
I'm having a problem with brake lights staying on after car is shut off. My car 0s 2000 El Dorado ESC. I can reset the problem by disconnecting battery, but it will come back in a few days. I had the car to dealer once for this problem and they reprogrammed the computer so the main module would communicate with secondary computer module. This fix worked for 3 months, now all of sudden problem is back. anyone out there deal with this before?
It sounds like it could be a sensor that is behind the break pedle. Can't really walk you through that though b/c i did it for a 95 dodge caravan. Its a module that needs to be switched out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts