Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving around atlanta the other day, and i got a warning come up that said check brake fluid and then the brake light lit up on my dash. I pulled over turned off and on the car got the error again. I simply added a bit of dot 3 brake fluid to my car, restarted the error went away and the brakes worked great. Just to be sure i pushed my onstar button and had them diagnose everything and everything was a ok. That is one hell of a cool function!

·
Registered
103 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
I was driving around atlanta the other day, and i got a warning come up that said check brake fluid and then the brake light lit up on my dash. I pulled over turned off and on the car got the error again. I simply added a bit of dot 3 brake fluid to my car, restarted the error went away and the brakes worked great. Just to be sure i pushed my onstar button and had them diagnose everything and everything was a ok. That is one hell of a cool function!
That is nice. Also, I'd make sure to say something at the next service, there may be some kind of leak.

·
Registered
53 Posts
As your brakes wear down, your fluid goes down as well. When you put new pads on, the fluid will rise again. You probably don't have a leak, just worn pads. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know i dont have a leak...or bad pads, i was just low from heavy use (autocrossing) and my dealerships not refilling her. I had noticed it wasnt full for a while, but i was amazed that the computer told me to add more!

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
I know i dont have a leak...or bad pads, i was just low from heavy use (autocrossing) and my dealerships not refilling her. I had noticed it wasnt full for a while, but i was amazed that the computer told me to add more!
Amazing! The warn system really worked. Thanks for the real life experience report.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah probably, i put the car through its paces, and i have those huge aftermarket baer brakes on too, it was great, if i got myself into a spin id just give er more gass and get some nice smoke going...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts