Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Cadillac Deville, 1997 Cadillac Seville STS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on the freeway home tonight my dash flashed the red brake sign, then displayed Service brake fluid, i'm like ok, then flashed switch. Then the brake sign turned off and my DiC came back up normal.

I've never heard of a brake fluid switch before. The only current code i was able to pull was a 0135 which is o2 sensor that i already know about.

I plan on taking it down to the dealer on Mon to have a look see but i have one question.

Is is safe to drive around this weekend after the DiC flashing that at me?

Void4ever

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,575 Posts
The brake fluid switch is a level sensor like the coolant level sensor. If it is low, top it off.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
There is a float in the brake fluid with a magnet on it. There is a magnetic pickup in the base of the master cylinder reservoir.
When they get close enough together the light comes on.

Check the fluid level, you might need some new brake pads. It won't set a code, it is just low brake fluid. Probably just at the level where it is low enough to trigger the sensor.

·
Registered
1969 Cadillac Deville, 1997 Cadillac Seville STS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhh i didn't even think it might be a level sensor, i did hit a fairly pronounced corner when it popped on then off, so ya it must be low enough to slosh around. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Void4ever

1 - 4 of 4 Posts