Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brake dust is outrageous on my V. I don't drive the car that hard:thumbsup: and the dust cakes up after a couple of days of driving. I've heard the V calipers are the same as the c5 z06, is this true?
Anyone have any experience with Hawk performance pads? I'm seriously thinking of switching to them.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Got5onit said:
The brake dust is outrageous on my V. I don't drive the car that hard:thumbsup: and the dust cakes up after a couple of days of driving. I've heard the V calipers are the same as the c5 z06, is this true?
Anyone have any experience with Hawk performance pads? I'm seriously thinking of switching to them.
I cured my problems by going to the Hawk Ceramic pads. less dust. I also use a product called Rejex that repells the dust. It's about $17/bottle.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Joey'sVee said:
I tried rejex this past weekend. My are chrome plated. I can tell NO difference at all. I wont use it again.
What can I tell you Joey. Several members including myself have had good luck with it. Rejex combined with the ceramic pads eliminated my dust problems.

I've even used Rejex inside my fender wells to reduce crud build up.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
i've resigned myself to the fact that I have to wipe my rims off daily.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Robert, are you still having to wipe down your rims everyday? I will try Rejex at the very least in that case. I can't stand the build up if I miss a day and it's worse after a rain.:banghead:

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
dqw1 said:
Robert, are you still having to wipe down your rims everyday? I will try Rejex at the very least in that case. I can't stand the build up if I miss a day and it's worse after a rain.:banghead:
I dumped the chromies. The ceramic pads are the key and not that expensive. I got mine at the Tire Rack.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Unfortunately, Hawk Performance only lists a Ceramic pad for the CTS, and not the V. Tire Rack shows an "Akebono" ceramic pad for the V, but it's rear only. Anyone heard of these?

I have a set of 5 lug Brembo 14" cross drilled two-piece rotors with four puck calipers going on my CTS, that use the same pads as the V. I ended up going Hawk HP, although I have yet to get the brakes on the car. They claim to have lower dust than the stock Forrodo's.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Joey'sVee said:
I tried rejex this past weekend. My are chrome plated. I can tell NO difference at all. I wont use it again.
I use rejex on my chrome wheels too, it won't keep it off but what it will do is wash off more easily. I use simple green and a wheel brush and rinse off.

I saw some "wet wipes" at the auto parts store just for wheel wiping. Who'da thunk it, wiping baby butts to wiping wheel dust...

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,938 Posts
I did the Rejex on my wheels, and YES, you still have to wipe them off FREQUENTLY to look good. :crying: If Rejex alone helps (over nothing at all with stock pads), it's still a pain in the behind. :crying: Sounds to me like you definitely do need to do BOTH Rejex and pads to reduce the cleaning effort ... just my $0.02.

·
Registered
456 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Because Brembo makes brakes for Cadillac.:yup:
Didn't know that huh?:D

I know brembo has large OEM contracts.... and there's no doubt the V brakes are brembo... but I highly doubt the stock CTS brakes are brembo.... have you taken the caliper assembly apart? Is there a brembo logo stamped anywhere?

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
kimcheejeegae said:
I know brembo has large OEM contracts.... and there's no doubt the V brakes are brembo... but I highly doubt the stock CTS brakes are brembo.... have you taken the caliper assembly apart? Is there a brembo logo stamped anywhere?[/QUOTE

I would bet a Happy Meal that they are OEM Brembo. I'm not a "Poser". You even see them on Ebay. Those are cross drilled and slotted OEM Brembo rotors from Cadillac MotorSports on my car.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I thought you were gonna say you saw them on a passing V - mine! I haven't cleaned them in awhile. I pulled up to a light, right next to another black V. It was clean as couold be and looked great. I felt so bad, I went right home and washed my car and cleaned my wheels.

·
Registered
456 Posts
RobertCTS said:
kimcheejeegae said:
I know brembo has large OEM contracts.... and there's no doubt the V brakes are brembo... but I highly doubt the stock CTS brakes are brembo.... have you taken the caliper assembly apart? Is there a brembo logo stamped anywhere?[/QUOTE

I would bet a Happy Meal that they are OEM Brembo. I'm not a "Poser". You even see them on Ebay. Those are cross drilled and slotted OEM Brembo rotors from Cadillac MotorSports on my car.
I was talking about your calipers....
I'm not talking about the rotors... OEM brembo rotors are crap anywayz... the 2 piece brembo rotors are the ones you want. are these rotors directionally vaned? what's the thickness? the slotting and the cross drilled pattern are not cadillac motorsports, they are machine drilled and slotted from a flat OEM rotor. This is a motorsports set up::

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Wadda You Want?..a Copy Of My Bill Of Sale From Cadillac Motorsports? You're Not Even Talking About The Same Company. You Want A Testimony From The President Of Cadillac Motorsorts, Pietro Raimondi. He's Also A Close Friend.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts