Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After numerous conversations with the local Cadillac Dealership and installing after market brake pads on my 05 STS I am still very disappointed with the amount of brake dust. “Rondog” replied to my last thread and said that the Cadillac SRX break pads will work on the STS, as I am a junior member I am not able to e-mail Rondog direct. So does anyone know the Hawk Ceramic Break Pad part numbers for both the front and rear pads?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rondog here! Feel free to email directly at [email protected]

The Hawk HPS pads for the front are: HB467F.540 $81.00 axle set

The rear Hawk HPS pads are HB440Z.606 I think about $70.00 per axle set.

I got these at Tire Rack.

Rondog

·
Registered
242 Posts
I dont have a single problem with brake dust. Then again I was the car every single week and only drive it to pick up my son or on Friday and Saturday for dates. Other than that it rots in the garage..

·
Registered
316 Posts
I owned 94 and 99 Corvettes and I was always cleaning brake dust off the wheels, especially the front ones. That was part of my ritual every time I took the car out, I would spend 10 minutes or so hand cleaning each wheel with Meguiars Detailer spray and paper towels.

I noticed the same thing on the lux sport package wheels on my CTS. I do not have brake dust buildup on my Lexus wheels though. I have no idea why there is a difference like that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have an '05 STS and it is covered in brake dust. When I had my '03 CTS, I had many comments from co-workers about the lack of brake dust. I researched the manufacturer of the original pads and found that they were manufacted by a Japanese Coporation, Akebono Brake Co, in Kentucky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
CTS11723