Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
None
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching for this and did not find it.
I also talked with a few GM dealers and it appears GM does not have these measurements in their service database.

I am looking for the measurement (preferably in millimeters) from the wheel mounting surface to the brake caliper bracket mounts on the anchor for both the front and rear from a GMT900 platform vehicle.
Rear there would ideally be two measurements axle pulled out and axle pushed in since the C-clip axles can move inward and outward.

I am looking at adopting the GM 22968239 rear calipers onto an axle with no aftermarket support and since Baer, Wilwood, etc. produce upgrade big brake kits for your platform it seemed like a good setup to borrow.
Adopting the front brakes may be a good idea for the same reason.

I already have an anchor #15265913 and used that as the basis for my custom axle bracket, I just need to figure out where on my axle tube that needs welded.
I am hoping to not need to modify this after it is welded in place, for example if I were to upgrade to a big brake kit in a year or two I would rather avoid more welding or grinding at that point to get a fixed caliper setups properly centered.

Right now my fallback plan is to use the hydraulic e-brake I have coming to clamp down on the rotor and tack the custom bracket from the axle to the caliper mount bracket in place but I could see this leading to uneven pad wear once the pads and rotor get a little broken in.

Wheel mounting surface:
gm2.JPG

Caliper bracket mounts on the anchor (measure after caliper bracket is removed):
GM3.JPG

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Dingbat

·
Registered
2015 Escalade and 2018 CTS-V
320 Posts
I don't have the answer, but I don't see how it's possible to install a Wilwood kit (not sure about others) without some serious grinding, regardless of this mod attempt. Maybe I'm confused but I don't see how this project is going to save you any work/time in the future.

·
Registered
None
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not seen the install instructions but looking at the various kits for the 2010 Escalade ESV, it looked like the kits were mostly bolt on.
Perhaps I was wrong in that assumption, so let me rephrase the above to be no additional grinding/welding than that normally required to install a big brake kit for an Escalade.
While also avoiding trail and error on placing the custom bracket on the axle tube, so that Escalade brakes would bolt up the same as if I was using the GM axle and anchor.

I am using the 2010 Esky ESV brake rotors on the rear just with the center bore changed and the e-brake drum reduced in width by about 7mm

·
Registered
2015 Escalade and 2018 CTS-V
320 Posts
I just installed Wilwoods front and back. "Bolt on" is completely false if you ask me. Manufacturer really needs to stop advertising that. Maybe someone will chime in with an answer for you, I'm not sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts