Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac DTS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing the brakes this weekend and figured I would try to get the bolts torqued properly (as opposed to just tight like normal).

Does anyone have the torque specs for the caliper bolts, lug nuts, etc on a 2008 Cadillac DTS?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,179 Posts
I know the lug nuts go to 100 lb/ft in 3 or 4 steps in a star pattern.

The various caliper bolts do NOT get "tight like normal" - specific torques for each.

The caliper parts info would be in the 2008 GM/Cadillac service manuals - online instant gratification in www.alldatadiy.com

Here are the torque specs for 2002 if you want to chance it -

98922148.gif

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac DTS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Submariner.

I was able to obtain the specs. The problem was that no matter how hard I tightened the bolts the torque wrench never clicked and the digital torque adapter never indicates I obtain the recommended torque. Even on the lug nuts, the digital adapter only read 50 ft-lb.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,179 Posts
Time for a good torque wrench. Sears markets an excellent line of click torque wrenches. So does SnapOn.

You get what you pay for in torque wrenches. $19.99 is $20 below a good starting price.

Looks as if your wrench only goes to 80 lb/ft so it's useless for brakes and lug nuts anyway.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac DTS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the advice. I was able to get the digital adapter to work. I am on the 3rd HF click torque wrench and no clicking on any after being brand new. I agree it is time for something else.

I initially passed on the Craftsman because they no longer have a lifetime warranty on these. It looks like lifetime warranties may be a thing of the past.

What are your thought on the Kobalt line of 1/2" torque wrenches?

SnapOn would be a little too costly for what little use I would have for it.

Thanks,
Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts