1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
STS 3.6 DI Performance | ATS 2.0T
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just wondering...
Do our STS's has break assist when breaking hard like "auto hazards light" or break pedal works with doubled power etc etc ..

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,449 Posts
If your car has "power brakes", that's it. ABS pulses the brake fluid to each wheel cylinder, as signaled by wheel speed sensors, to prevent an individual brake from locking up - a skidding tire has less traction than a pulsed brake application. Stability Control works with ABS to try and maintain intended car direction. There is no "booster pump" other than the original power brake booster diaphragm itself.

Get to a deserted country road, accelerate to 50 mph and do a real panic stop - brake pedal through the firewall. See/feel what happens.

If your UK car has RHD, you probably have the HydroBoost braking system because the LHD brake booster/master cylinder might not fit over on the right side. (Now, that's true for my series of Seville - your "STS" RWD may be different.)

·
Registered
2005 STS N*, 1SF, 144K mi.
650 Posts
Automatic hazard lamps haven't made it to his country, yet, though I think it's a good idea. If I see traffic slowing quickly and unexpectedly, I'll instinctively reach for the four-ways.

The other stuff, though...you should be strong enough to do it if you drive. Although, 30 years ago, you had to first wait for 0.75 seconds of "psssshhhh" to dissipate before anything actually happened.

·
Registered
STS 3.6 DI Performance | ATS 2.0T
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The other stuff, though...you should be strong enough to do it if you drive. Although, 30 years ago, you had to first wait for 0.75 seconds of "psssshhhh" to dissipate before anything actually happened.
Yes, I know.
But some manufacturer has a feature which monitoring break pedal.
Depends how hard you pressing on it and how quick the system will help you press the pedal quicker which you save extra miliseconds.

I'm not sure is this helpful or not, just want to know what systems have my Caddy :)

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 1SG STS4 V8
377 Posts
Yes the owner's manual states the car has 'panic brake assist' which does what you described.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts