Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 srx v6
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to install the wiring harness for my hitch over the weekend. The OEM wiring harness instructions call for a bracket that I assume would come with a OEM hitch. Since I got a Hidden hitch it didn't come with any brackets to hold the trailer plug. I was wondering if anybody with an aftermarket (not gm part) hitch had the same issue.
I guess I could just let the damn thing dangle or duck tape it but I don't want it to look sloppy.

·
Registered
Cadillac
738 Posts
I have a hidden hitch and got the GM wiring harness. I used a black zip tie to hold up most of the slack, and when I am not using it, I put it up on the inside of the bumper. I found it lays there fine without falling out (it sat there for over a year at one point). Then when in I need it I run it between the bumper and hitch. The zip tie keeps the slack up so it doesn't hang down at all. It sounds like a crappy fix, but when you aren't using it, no one can see it at all, and when you are using it it is held up tight. I know it isn't the fix you are looking for but it works for me and is completely undetectable.

·
Registered
858 Posts
The GM wiring harness that I got in 2004 had a bracket that attached in to the bottom edge (you choose where) of the bumper with two sheet metal screws.

·
Registered
04 srx v6
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. I think that I will not be using it most times and I'd rather not have it visible, so resting it on the back of the bumper may work for me.

John: you have it screwed to the plastic underside of the bumper, correct?

·
Registered
858 Posts
thanks guys. I think that I will not be using it most times and I'd rather not have it visible, so resting it on the back of the bumper may work for me.

John: you have it screwed to the plastic underside of the bumper, correct?
mjk - correct, few inches from the hitch throat.

·
Registered
2006 SRX AWD V6
30 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts