Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Premium, Radiant Silver
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else recieve this after buying their 2013 SRX? About 4 weeks after buying the 13 we recieved a box from Cadillac. It was a box of firsts. For the first starry night a star map. For the first sunny day, a evian water mister, First challenging drive, a towel with the Cadillac logo, First date, a box of altoids, and another one i can't remember. It came in a Cadillac box with the official Cadillac logo. Personally I would have much rather had the IPad my step mother got when she bought her new XTS two weeks after we bought our SRX.

·
Registered
2010 CTS, LUXw/Nav & Sun Roof, RWD; 2012 SRX Performance FWD
92 Posts
I bought a new 12 SRX in early Nov and I also received the same thing. A great marketing idea. Yes an iPad would have been better but, none the less, a thoughtful 'thank you' gift. I plan on using the cloth for the 'First Wash' as a cleaning towel for finger prints on the display. BTW, I see you live in OK. OU fan?? Hook'm Horns from a UT grad living in GA. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

·
Registered
2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony
652 Posts
After purchase of my 2004 SRX, I received a Cadillac Christmas Ornament each year for 5 years from my dealer.

·
Registered
2013 Premium, Radiant Silver
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, an OU fan, but as long as you keep Mack Brown we will do ok. Even though we live in Oklahoma, my step mother and I both bought our cars at James Wood in Denton Texas. It is the closest Cadillac dealer to us that keeps a large inventory and besides that they are good people. My second SRX, and her first car from them. The salesman and dealership gave me $100 for bringing her in. I offered it back, but she said no. Now if I can just find more people to buy from them. ha ha The salesman was happy, $120,000 worth of cars from our family in two weeks time. Seriously though, John Damon athe ealership will treat you with courtesy and respect, as has everyone I have dealt with there. Merry Christmas everyone!!

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
Oh yes, I did finally got my first Cadillac Firsts Box with my 3rd SRX purchase. Thanks Cadillac for sending me that nice gift. :D

12,821 Posts
Glad to see your dealers brought you all some holiday cheer with their gifts! (Speaking of which, thank you for making me smile with that fantastic animated gif, Marc NY!)

Hope you all have been having a good week so far,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
I purchased my 2013 SRX in November and never received anything from Cadillac for Christmas. Wow!! first I'm hearing of this.. :hmm:
Those "FIRST" gift boxes are sent out from a "random" selection of new SRX buyers by Cadillac and as far as I know the Dealerships have nothing to do with selecting and or sending out those gifts.

·
Registered
SRX
13 Posts
To my surprise my first box was in the mail today when I checked. Honestly it made me laugh, because I just had posted I never heard of any box of sorts. Then I go the mailbox and it there waiting for me. Thanks Cadillac!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
SRX
697 Posts
I was at a friend's house on New Year's eve and got a chance to look at his "First" box. Never mind Cadillac! I'd rather have a free nav upgrade instead!

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
I was at a friend's house on New Year's eve and got a chance to look at his "First" box. Never mind Cadillac! I'd rather have a free nav upgrade instead!
The "FIRST" gift box is what it is ... it is a "GIFT" that says Thank You for buying your Cadillac SRX.

It is certainly not something that you could barter with or even ask to trade off as you sneeringly suggest... so why would you even bother to say that? :ill:

Yes, it took a third new SRX for me to get a gift from Cadillac but I am quite happy that I finally received one. :cool2:

·
Registered
SRX
697 Posts
Marc you are very talented to be able to see me sneer and I was not offering to barter something I never received. I was inferring that the money they wasted on a box of junk would be better spent on offering "Free" nav upgrades to those of us who have the nav systems. BTW, I can suggest any damn thing I feel like suggesting and it is none of your business. And if you think that calling something a "Gift" makes it free for GM then you have never run a business. That is money that could be better spent tending to the customers that need tending to. I am very happy for you and I hope you use the little scope and the other items that you couldn't sell at a garage sale. Put it up on your mantel and tell your friends that you have a friend at GM that sent you a free gift.

·
Registered
04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon
1,803 Posts
I guess you told him, now didn't ya.

Reactions: Marc NY

·
Registered
15 Posts
inspectorudy said:
Marc you are very talented to be able to see me sneer and I was not offering to barter something I never received. I was inferring that the money they wasted on a box of junk would be better spent on offering "Free" nav upgrades to those of us who have the nav systems. BTW, I can suggest any damn thing I feel like suggesting and it is none of your business. And if you think that calling something a "Gift" makes it free for GM then you have never run a business. That is money that could be better spent tending to the customers that need tending to. I am very happy for you and I hope you use the little scope and the other items that you couldn't sell at a garage sale. Put it up on your mantel and tell your friends that you have a friend at GM that sent you a free gift.
I sure hope you feel better after that rant

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
You really need to get a hobby. Or laid maybe. Or something.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts