Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Ats 2.0 premium
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on something for me. I had a 91 eagle talon tsi awd and I put a greedy BOV that vented to the atmosphere. It had this awesome whuusss sound during shifts and I lived that sound. I was wondering if I could change the BOV in my ats 2.0 manual to give that same sound? I know it not much of a hp gain and honestly I'm just looking to gain that awesome BOV sound I loved when changing gears.
I am looking into a exhaust system for a little later...but I would love that whole sound of a racer and people looking over to see a caddy.
if anyone can recommend what parts I'd need for that BOV sound please list and possibly link any leads.

Thanks again

----------

sorry for some of my phones auto correct

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
ur phone accidentally autocorrected it to racer. im sure u meant ricer. hahaha jk jk. i like jokes.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6MT
637 Posts
those damn greedy BOVs....when will they learn not to be so selfish!!

haha I kid I kid. I had 2 Greddys on my WRX and STi...loved them!!

·
Registered
Black Cadillac ATS 2.0T
28 Posts
I also think that would be pretty cool to hear a BOV go off and then to see a Cadillac right next to you. Lol I used to own a big turbo Audi TT in the past and the sound of the turbo was intoxicating, I am hoping to do something like that to this car... If I don't trade it in for a new Mustang GT or a new Camaro when they finally get released. Also, Does anyone know where I can find a PFadt P45 or P50 turbo kit? I found a website online a while back but it didn't look legit to me. Sorry for hijacking your thread! You should look into a catless downpipe and an intake, maybe even an exhaust too, that will definitely give you some turbo noise while staying away from the rice factor.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
I hear cars with loud BOVs, S/C belt whine, or exhausts and I look over and think "Thanks for giving me the heads up that you're modified, probably drive aggressively, and are likely to jockey for position" because then I know to not mess around and just stomp it off the line and leave them in the dust. Most street encounters are over in a couple seconds and reaction time is more important than power. I prefer not tipping people off that a power move might be coming.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Maybe he's more concerned with enjoying the sound than illegal street races...

C

·
0 Posts
I thought the BOV on our 2.0t's were electronically controlled with no alternative available yet unless it is possible to disable or delete the current one with tuning to allow the non electronically controlled version to be used in its place.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
ours is electronically controlled and is more of a pressure regulator than a Blow off so you wont hear the popping pssst sound...it is instead constantly opening and closing to regulate the poweroutput to it's pre determined parameters....that is why our torque curve is so flat it's sort of un-naturally flat

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
Maybe he's more concerned with enjoying the sound than illegal street races...
I wouldn't call what I described as street racing. I'm talking about when the driver can see that up-ahead two lanes merge into one and things like that. I'm sure no one here exceeds the posted limits on any public roads, hence the need for quick reaction times as I mentioned to safely establish the car's right of way.

The same advantage of knowing the car next to you is modified would be true in street racing situations.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,640 Posts
I wouldn't call what I described as street racing. I'm talking about when the driver can see that up-ahead two lanes merge into one and things like that. I'm sure no one here exceeds the posted limits on any public roads, hence the need for quick reaction times as I mentioned to safely establish the car's right of way.
Like in Christmas Vacation where you need to leave unsafe drivers safely behind you? L0L

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T AWD
340 Posts
I also think that would be pretty cool to hear a BOV go off and then to see a Cadillac right next to you. Lol I used to own a big turbo Audi TT in the past and the sound of the turbo was intoxicating, I am hoping to do something like that to this car... If I don't trade it in for a new Mustang GT or a new Camaro when they finally get released. Also, Does anyone know where I can find a PFadt P45 or P50 turbo kit? I found a website online a while back but it didn't look legit to me. Sorry for hijacking your thread! You should look into a catless downpipe and an intake, maybe even an exhaust too, that will definitely give you some turbo noise while staying away from the rice factor.
PFADT is out of business

·
Authorized Vendor
MY2015 Cadillac Escalade Luxury
250 Posts
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on something for me. I had a 91 eagle talon tsi awd and I put a greedy BOV that vented to the atmosphere. It had this awesome whuusss sound during shifts and I lived that sound. I was wondering if I could change the BOV in my ats 2.0 manual to give that same sound? I know it not much of a hp gain and honestly I'm just looking to gain that awesome BOV sound I loved when changing gears.
I am looking into a exhaust system for a little later...but I would love that whole sound of a racer and people looking over to see a caddy.
if anyone can recommend what parts I'd need for that BOV sound please list and possibly link any leads.

Thanks again

----------

sorry for some of my phones auto correct
Alright, so, to put this as simply as possible: These engines do not react well to having an ATMO BOV. The MAF has already metered the air it is going to use to calculate the air:fuel mixture it's going to use. You stick a BOV on the engine and vent that already-metered air to atmosphere each time you let off the throttle and you throw off the ECM's calcs, which makes for a not-so-happy-ATS.

It just doesn't like it...

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,514 Posts
I hear ya. But I also like the sound of a nice BOV. But on the other hand I don't like people to know what mods I have just sitting at a light. The other day a 3.6 CTS pulled up next to me. He was lowered and had aftermarket wheels on in the winter. Don't get that but to each their own. I could hear he had an aftermarket exhaust and I guess he wanted to race. Light went green and side by side for a second and I didn't see him again. I didn't switch to manual and wish I did. If I heard a BOV I would have passed for the time being. And yes that was illegal guys:highfive: I like speed and enjoy running with cars that are a like. Summer it happens all the time.
I hear cars with loud BOVs, S/C belt whine, or exhausts and I look over and think "Thanks for giving me the heads up that you're modified, probably drive aggressively, and are likely to jockey for position" because then I know to not mess around and just stomp it off the line and leave them in the dust. Most street encounters are over in a couple seconds and reaction time is more important than power. I prefer not tipping people off that a power move might be coming.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
Sorry guys... But, lets leave $90 fart mufflers, fake blower sounds, bov's to the ricer community. If you want this type of things spend the $$$ and get the real thing. Real performance isn't cheap and is more than just sound.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
I think you can buy a combo muffler that farts and whistles with bluing on the tip for a few bucks more. lol

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 1991 MR2 Turbo
57 Posts
LMFAO i know the exact video ur referencing. had a good laugh.
Are we all talking about the one where there is a older Supra pulling out of the shop, sliding and almost hitting someone? Everytime I run across that one, I replay it a few times because is so hilarious.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts