Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am a new 98 Seville SLS owner. Just got it 2 days ago. It only has 42000 miles, but the rear suspension feels very high, and bouncy. When I hit a bump, it feels like the front hits hard, and the back bounces a little. The car does not feel balanced. When I drive over a speed bump, the rear bounces about 3 times. Yet, when I got out of the car, and pushed on the trunk, the rear suspension felt stiff. Am I crazy?

·
Registered
47 Posts
acoloreo said:
Hello all! I am a new 98 Seville SLS owner. Just got it 2 days ago. It only has 42000 miles, but the rear suspension feels very high, and bouncy. When I hit a bump, it feels like the front hits hard, and the back bounces a little. The car does not feel balanced. When I drive over a speed bump, the rear bounces about 3 times. Yet, when I got out of the car, and pushed on the trunk, the rear suspension felt stiff. Am I crazy?
Possible position sensor out of whack. Or struts wont release air. Did you check for any rss or tcs codes.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
If you aren't getting a "check suspension" indicator light, it's likely that the problem is merely mechanical in nature. Check the trim height first (does the car sit level on a level surface?). If so, the suspension's dampening performance is the issue most likely (time for new shocks/struts).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts