Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if anyone on the forum can give me direction on resolving my issue. I bought a brand NEW 08 Escalade EXT in Jan 09. All documents stated NEW, 10miles on vehicle. Recently, I took it in for warranty service. They claim warranty started over a year before I bought it!!

Walked into the Dealer I bought it from (Bellevue Cadillac). The manager claimed they "would resolve the problem and call me in 2 days" and sent me on my way. Didn't seem like he cared. Its been about a week. No calls or anything. Left messages and no return calls.

I think they are just thinking if they ignore me, I will go away. I want my FULL warranty length. I started looking for a lawyer that can handle this. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To add to this. You can get your service dept to print out from the official GM site when your warranty started.

·
Registered
E
1,313 Posts
I know Chrysler was doing this with all the brands cars a few years ago, there were so many previous year left overs that they would sell them at auctions, and technically they were brand new, but b/c they got sold at auction the warranty started the day the dealer bought it from that auction. Not sure if that happened with yours, but might as well check on it. Whats the vin # on it, it should say on a carfax if it was an auction vehicle.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
If the car/truck is new, not a demo, but new, the warranty should start the day you take delivery, you may want to get some legal advise for the law in your state

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
OK RELAX!

This happened to me too.

I bought a 08 ESV in February of 2008. My warranty started 4 months before I got it.

It was just a glitch in my system, I noticed this when I found out a few demo's or freebies were expiring right after I purchased it.

Turns out the vehicle was flagged as sold when it was being transported or something.

It's NOT a big deal. Same thing happened to me, I contacted a sales person or something, never heard back, turns out two days after the intial call the vehicle was updated and everything was good.

Chances are after you called the manager it was updated and they just didn't call you back.

I can't remmeber where I checked mine, but try calling GM to find out about your vehicle, give it a week or two after the initial phone call to the manager.

I thought when this happened to me it was a big deal, turns out it was simple and they took care of it no problem. It woulda been nice to have get a call thought to tell me everything is ok.

DONT stress. It's probably already been updated. Just make sure you follow up. And again, the vehicle IS new, sometimes with the logistics of transportation and computer systems, things get entered wrong. They probably had an offer on the vehicle, it was flagged as sold, then the guy backed out before taking posession or something.

Sorry for spelling, on a netbook, keyboard small, haha.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a carfax and didn't say anything about demo. Just says that it was serviced and bought by Bellevue Cadillac.

I did talk to some sales guy at the dealer. He claims that some escalades were "show vehicles" for some PGA Tour here called "Boeing Classics 2007". I'm not sure if mine was used or not. BUT I don't see how that matters since the Dealer sold it to me NEW, I have docs to prove this. I specifically remember asking about the warranty when I bought it. They said "OF COURSE, it starts TODAY" when I bought it.

So basically, I was deceived. This is just plain WRONG!! Everytime I look at my Escalade now, I get pissed. I'm seriously considering selling it now. I have time today so I'll go head to the dealer and see if I can talk with them again.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Zhariak for your comments! I hope you are right! I'll keep on the Dealership and make sure this gets resolved.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, just an update. Its been 3 weeks now. NO RESOLUTION. Talked to Bellevue Cadillac General Manager 3 times on the phone and every time he says "I'll call you right back". Never did. I showed up at the dealership 2x times and the response is "We are working on it".

I need to do research on the value of a 1 year warranty extension so I can take legal action. I think I'll just have to take them to small claims court. *sigh*

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got to the bottom of this. Been issued a case # with GM. GM said Bellevue Cadillac sold you a USED Cadillac as NEW. GM will not reset the Warranty. GM is sending proof that the vehicle is used. They are going to help me deal with Bellevue Cadillac Stealership to get to a resolution. So I basically paid NEW price for a USED vehicle. I don't see how I could have avoided this?

·
Registered
Cadillac ELR
15 Posts
WTF! I bought my NEW 2007 ESV in Nov 2008 and just found out the warranty started in 2007??? Add me to the class action lawsuit!!!

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Texican,
I have spoken to an Auto Dealer Fraud Attorney and by law, you must give your Dealership an opportunity to resolve the issue. This opportunity must be recorded and/or written. After that, you will have to hire a lawyer to represent you. Its not GM, its the dealership that you must file a lawsuit against.

So in my case, I actually have a GM Rep that is assisting me by calling my dealership to let them know they need to resolve this issue with me or I will file a lawsuit. This will happen this thur. I have documents in hand that states I bought a "NEW" vehicle. But GM has documents that states I bought a "USED" vehicle.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
120 Posts
Finally got to the bottom of this. Been issued a case # with GM. GM said Bellevue Cadillac sold you a USED Cadillac as NEW. GM will not reset the Warranty. GM is sending proof that the vehicle is used. They are going to help me deal with Bellevue Cadillac Stealership to get to a resolution. So I basically paid NEW price for a USED vehicle. I don't see how I could have avoided this?
Carfax?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Your truck had 10 miles on it when you purchased it, did the dealership roll back the mileage? You need another GM dealership to do a search on your VIN number, it will not show anything on CarFax (most of the time this service is almost usuless) but you may find some info thru the GM database.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
60 Posts
Thats super dirty......unreal these stealerships; as if they dont make enough money as is now they have lie? haha

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE: After 4 weeks now, multiple messages and visits to Bellevue Cadillac Dealership. I got a call this morning! Got on a Conf call with the General Manager and Service Manager. They claim GM will NOT reset the warranty. BUT they are willing to BUY ME an GM Extended Warranty that is suppose to be better and longer than the factory? They want me to come in on Tuesday to SIGN for it. I will be VERY VERY VERY careful what I sign. After the warranty goes through, I will never visit Bellevue Cadillac again. I had to go as far as threating for Auto Fraud Lawsuit for them to do this! Unbelieveable!

So, does anyone know anything about the extended warranty? What does it cover? Whats the usual term of the warranty?

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To answer my own question. Looks like Stealership is going to extend my warranty with this:

- 7 year 75K or 100K Bumper to Bumper.

The value is about $3300 - $3800.

·
Registered
None
17 Posts
focus if its a 3rd party warranty or a GM warranty.

I read some 3rd party isn't as good or as comprehensive. The warranty is only as good as its backer.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
28 Posts
Sorry to hear that the stealership gave you the wrong info on your Lade. Its true that warrenties start the day the vehicle was ORIGINALLY placed into service/bought. That goes for GM Certified used vehicles too.

I bought an 07 escalade a few months ago and had it GM Certified to get the 6yr 100k mile bumper-to-bumper warrenty (from date of original purchase, which was March 07 when a rental company bought the truck). The GM certifiaction was around 1600, but my dealership only charged me 1400. I think the cost is based on the miles and years of the truck. As soon as I took ownership, I turned around and had the service department repair or replace anything that I could.

Stay away from any 3rd party extended warrenties. I had a friend that spent 3k when he bought a new truck and now that company is out of buisness and he is now only left with the orignal factory warrenty.

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
I wouldn't get the extended warranty. Personally I would sue their ass...

I know that up here in Canada we pay a bit more for the same vehicles in the US, but even if it was a small amount, I don't let people get away with this kind of stuff with me.

I'd presue it further, tell them you want to return the vehicle, and get a new one... lol

·
Registered
2008 ESV, 2004 Escalade
165 Posts
Seems to me the 1 years worth of warranty is not the only issue here. You paid brand new price for a "used" truck. That would be a bigger problem to me than the extra year on the warranty. I would be looking for cash back from the dealer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts