Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 3 months of waiting (well, since making the decision that the 08 CTS was at the top of my list) I just picked up the car and man, is it everything I'd hoped it would be!

First, my old car was a 2006 Chrysler 300C Hemi, fully loaded, that I had on a 2 year lease and the two dont compare - the Caddy is far superior in quality (especially interior quality), as well as in its features, options and overall performance. The 3.6 DI feels identical in performance off the line when compared to my 5.7 HEMI, but its real shining component is the transmission. The Caddy's tranny is crisp, exceptionally quick and endowed with a extra gear and despite being down on power, the 3.6DI feels far more aggressive. Handling isnt even a comparison - the 300C was always a boat, it lacked any form of SRT tuning so thats to be expected, but the Caddy is a completely different animal.

My car -
2008 CTS 3.6DI
Platinum Silver / Ebony Interior
Automatic Transmission
Premium Luxury Collection
-Navigation w/HDD Bose 5.1, Lux PKG's I & II, Seating Pkg, Heated/Vented Seats, Rear Parking Assist, Keyless Access w/ Remote Start, Etc...
18" All Season Performance Package
-18" wheels, Ride-Handling Suspension, HID headlights, LSD, Etc...

The car stickered for $46,000 or thereabouts, and I had my GMS number in hand when walking into the dealership to pick it up.

My deal-
24/mo Lease, 10K miles a year
70% residual
$1,500 total out of pocket
$533.25 /mo inc. tax ($491 before tax)

Now, I had them deal me out the numbers before giving up the GMS info for comparison and on the same program/same out-the-door price, the car originally came in at $700.38 /mo inc tax. I know I got an incredible deal and I couldnt be happier - both with the dealership and the car. I'm very proud to be a former Chrysler owner, new Cadillac owner!

**By the way, I bought my car at Casa De Cadillac in Sherman Oaks, CA (Los Angeles) and my salesperson was Elaine Teti**

I'll post pictures tomorrow before I go to the tint shop.

-Matt

·
Registered
2008 CTS Other: 2008 Infinity G35x
17 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance... what's the GMS number/info and where can we get to this information?

·
Registered
Cadillac
44 Posts
Congratulations. It sounds like a very well equipped car and a great deal. I will be ordering a similarly equipped car in the silver but with the Platinum interior. Since you seem familiar with the lease particulars, could you advise what your lease rate (I assume it was through GMAC) and acquisition fee were? Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
$533.25 a month / 24 months :duck:I look forward to throwing those numbers at my dealer.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for my ignorance... what's the GMS number/info and where can we get to this information?
GMS is the GM Employee Discount Program open to employees and their relatives. Not only did I get a $6,000 discount off of the car but I was also able to take advantage of a special lease rate outlined for employee's and their families.

To answer Desertpar's questions, I did finance through GMAC and I believe my rate is 5.9% but its not specifically written in my contract so I cant be 100% sure. I've never heard of an "aquisition fee" and it was never mentioned nor did it show up on any paperwork so I cant help there, sorry about that.

*I'll include the lease details section of my contract - just in case someone else can figure it out and let you guys know.*

[/IMG]

·
Registered
2008 CTS (hopefully soon)
86 Posts
your residual is more than fair! also, the latest cts has updated the interior and general craftsmanship ... did you notice the french stitching on your leather seats?!

·
Registered
364 Posts
so according to my calculations the 41k car will be worth 33k after two years. and your paying almost 14k to (rent) lease the car. THIS MAKES ABSOLUTLY NO SENSE TO ME. WHY IN GODS NAME WOULD ANYONE LEASE A CAR UNDER TWO YEARS AND NO MORE THEN 10K MILES PER YEAR?!?!? THE DEALER IS MAKING A MINT ON THIS LEASE!!

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, MarkV, but are you saying that GMAC and their affiliated dealership network makes LESS money the longer you lease a car? That's what I gathered from your post and just wanted to be sure before I explained the deal in more detail -

Also, I attatched my contract above - every number is included.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
Sorry, MarkV, but are you saying that GMAC and their affiliated dealership network makes LESS money the longer you lease a car? That's what I gathered from your post and just wanted to be sure before I explained the deal in more detail -

Also, I attatched my contract above - every number is included.
well, they are still making money on interest unless you pay cash for the car :)

·
Registered
Cadillac
58 Posts
Congratulations on your vehicle. I do have a question for you. Have you noticed that when you drive the new 2008 CTS on the freeaway there is a noticeable shimmy in the steering? I noticed a major shimmy when traveling from 58-70 miles per hour on the freeway. I actually road tested that same car you bought and didn't buy it for that reason. I since have gone to a different dealer and noticed the same issue with two other CTS's I test drove on the freeway. There definitely is an issue somewhere, either with the tires, wheels or maybe something in the front end of the car. I know it's definitely not coming from the road. I want to buy the same car as you just did but have this huge concern over the shimmy issue. Let me know.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
*** onomrb - I think the car you road tested must've been very similar, but it couldnt have been my exact car since my car still had the travel plastic all over it when I bought it and they wouldnt even let me drive it out of the parking lot because of the plastic + it hadnt been PDI'd yet. Hehe. As of now it has 12 miles on it (8 when I bought it)...break-in is going to take forever.... =(

I havent noticed any shimmy at all but I'll let you know. So far I've only been up to about 45 (hooray for traffic. ggrr)

**urbanski - well of course they'll make money on the car and I like to help out, keep em in business, etc.. =D I was just confused by the question and the way it was posed, but maybe it was just a comment and not question at all.

** MarkVIII - A 2 year lease is great for me because I love getting a new car often and my last car, which was also a 2 year lease, only had 5,876 miles on it when I traded it in - thats the reason for the 10k/yr

Here are some crappy pictures, sorry for the quality. I'll get a nice little photoshoot done this weekend and try to post better ones.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

-Matt

·
Banned
34 Posts
I think it's pretty "uneven" to post these lease/purchase prices here when in fact MOST do not have access to these skewed GMS discounts. It's a great program for the ex employees of GM but it distorts the whole picture here in determining what these new 08's actually cost the average consumer.

·
Registered
CTS 2008,SRX 2011 awd perfmc & 2011 CTS awd Coupe
38 Posts
:thumbsup: You will be happy with this one. I'm very happy with my 2008 cts - white diamond-loaded. This is my 3rd cts and this is improvement from previous yr.
Very sexy...wife loves it. Congratulation and very happy for you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts