Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 CADILLAC SEDAN DEVILLE 6 WINDOW
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and bought this clean 2000 DHS with 32600 miles on it, worked some tint into the deal(and new floor mats) new tires, $14k with 3year warranty at Massey Cadillac in Dallas. Only problem is when I took it last week to the dealer for the tint, they scratched the hell out of it on both sides on the panel behind the rear door down to primer and metal, they have said they will repaint the back ends, but no word from them as of today(HAS BEEN 1 WEEK ALREADY)
anyways, just wanted to share also I own a 62 sedan deville, the new one is my wife's car, and the little one has her a barbie escalade hahaha

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
Good looking ride but the price seems a bit up there!. Did you shop around?. Good luck with it!.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Went and bought this clean 2000 DHS with 32600 miles on it, worked some tint into the deal(and new floor mats) new tires, $14k with 3year warranty at Massey Cadillac in Dallas. Only problem is when I took it last week to the dealer for the tint, they scratched the hell out of it on both sides on the panel behind the rear door down to primer and metal, they have said they will repaint the back ends, but no word from them as of today(HAS BEEN 1 WEEK ALREADY)
anyways, just wanted to share also I own a 62 sedan deville, the new one is my wife's car, and the little one has her a barbie escalade hahaha
At this juncture, I would use the lack of contact as leverage to make them take the car back...Scratching the car badly with a simple tint job is absolutely *unacceptable*. REPAINTING affects the car's value and there is alot to be said for ORIGINAL paint on collectible and luxury cars like Cadillacs. The next owner might give you 2 or 3000 less than he would have when he notices the car's been touched. No one trusts a repainted car like they do an original paint car.

Raise hell.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did shop around for 2 weeks prior, everything around here was about $11500 to $12k, but had 50-70k miles on them, and at the 2 caddy dealers,were all higher milage, unless you get the cpo cars, and they were like $21k and up
all the private owned vehicles were sh*t compared to this one, so I paid a little more and got got a 10x better car than all of the ones we looked at
Also, the dealer called yesterday, and I will take it to them monday for repair and a full detail, I am not going to bother about loss of value at this point

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Up to you, but I consider what they did downright disrespect of your property. I mean really, how the F do you scratch up a car while your tinting it. They just didnt care.

D

·
0 Posts
I did shop around for 2 weeks prior, everything around here was about $11500 to $12k, but had 50-70k miles on them, and at the 2 caddy dealers,were all higher milage, unless you get the cpo cars, and they were like $21k and up
all the private owned vehicles were sh*t compared to this one, so I paid a little more and got got a 10x better car than all of the ones we looked at
Also, the dealer called yesterday, and I will take it to them monday for repair and a full detail, I am not going to bother about loss of value at this point
As long as you are happy with the deal, its all that matters. Good luck with it, its sharp!.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So an update on the scratches, My wife took it and dropped it off yesterday (during the weekend the Service Stabilty light came on) and to get the rears repainted(thats what they told us) They call today and say your car is ready,bring the loaner back. She goes there and it is not ready, and tell her it is being touched up with a pin-she calls me and I call (on the phone was pretty much told to pound sand)
so I go there and talk to WAYNE MASSEY OF MASSEY CADILLAC Owner
I laid in out there and told him if I had to I would get an atty involved, I explained I should not have to go that far, and then he agreed to repaint it
He says they changed there mind due to a $900 or so estimate from there body shop, but now assures me they will do it the right way (not touch up)
will update when I get the car back

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I got the car back Friday, and looks as good as it did the day we bought it
So now, on to having a great car

·
Registered
1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425
1,673 Posts
So an update on the scratches, My wife took it and dropped it off yesterday (during the weekend the Service Stabilty light came on) and to get the rears repainted(thats what they told us) They call today and say your car is ready,bring the loaner back. She goes there and it is not ready, and tell her it is being touched up with a pin-she calls me and I call (on the phone was pretty much told to pound sand)
so I go there and talk to WAYNE MASSEY OF MASSEY CADILLAC Owner
I laid in out there and told him if I had to I would get an atty involved, I explained I should not have to go that far, and then he agreed to repaint it
He says they changed there mind due to a $900 or so estimate from there body shop, but now assures me they will do it the right way (not touch up)
will update when I get the car back

That`s the way to do it! ----go right to the top to get what you want done properly.I had to speak directly to the owner of our local Cadillac dealer recently to get what i needed done--sometimes it`s the only way to get things done right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts