Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from US Speed.
Thought about the chrome fender ports and rejected the idea. I want it to be subtle and I think that might push it over the line.
They shipped yesterday.
Will do pix this coming weekend if they are acceptable upon receipt.

Guys who have bot them for the CTS say they are good. Heavy Chrome (over ABS) and no sharp edges.

Of course, everybody has a different idea as to what is acceptable and what is not.
I want to make the car look like a modern car with a few classic touches.

Still undecided about the grill.........but think I like the way it is.......And I have to think that, while the grills are sharp.........they are beyond subtle.....just find myself torn about that.......

Southern

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
995 Posts
I wonder how the chrome handles you purchased will compare to the ones included on the factory "Platinum Edition." If your handles are satisfactory, I would consider having the GM Parts Department order the chromed, factory-style grill, included on the "Platinum Edition" DTS. (It's just an idea for consideration! :bulb: ) You would have a "pseudo 'Platinum Edition'" for a lot less money! :cool2:

·
Registered
2006 DTS Black Raven
162 Posts
I had the same chrome handles for my 2001 Deville. They look very sharp. I also threw on the pillar posts from us speed too. It will definitely stand out. I was gonna get the fender trim too but money got tight but now I got a DTS so I'm starting over. One thing to note about those handles is once u put them on they will stay so be careful when placing them. Alignment is very crucial cause it will look tacky if they are off just a little. If u dont get the fender trim atleast get the pillar posts. They are extremely nice and will definitely stand out.

·
Registered
2019 Red XT4
113 Posts
Hey Southern.....
Did you get the chrome?
If so....
How good do they fit & how do they look? Are you happy with them? Easy to install?

Any pics yet?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
(I know..... way too many questions!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts