Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure Cadillacs and Swiss watches go hand in hand, they are both the best quality, right??! (just check the Robb Report magazine) :D It has 21 jewels and an Omega movement. Does anyone else have one, are they reliable, how accurate??? (or even a mechanical watch they can comment on) I am noticing about +10 secs. per day and apparently this is in the average range of the mean daily rate for a mechanical watch. My dad has a Swiss Bulova from 1962 with 17 jewels and still going strong, even after only one cleaning 2 years ago! Any comments?? :bouncy:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I dont know about a Tissot but you mention it has an Omega Engine,I have now for 3 years an Omega Seamasters 300meters,I love it I hardly ever take it off.If your Tissot has the Omega Auto movement then you will have no problem with it,works just like a northstar engine you dont even have to change the sparkplug @100k miles.Good luck with your new swiss watch.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lido said:
I dont know about a Tissot but you mention it has an Omega Engine,I have now for 3 years an Omega Seamasters 300meters,I love it I hardly ever take it off.If your Tissot has the Omega Auto movement then you will have no problem with it,works just like a northstar engine you dont even have to change the sparkplug @100k miles.Good luck with your new swiss watch.
Thanks Dude. Ya, Omega owns Tissot, and both are part of the large Swatch Group, and they often share movements. A friend of mine has a 1958 Omega Seamaster, still going. How about accuracy on yours?? Should I get mine recalibrated under the 2 year warrenty?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
Ralph