Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my boring 2005 Acura RL on a 2006 fully loaded Brilliant Black SRT-8 Charger today. So far I love the car! American muscle + modern technology= my dream daily driver. Now I do not regret selling my allocation spot for the Z06, this car is half the price and alot of fun so far. I will try to post pictures soon :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
Joined
·
34,087 Posts
That sounds awesome man! :thumbsup:
Have fun with it!
 

·
Registered
CTS-V
Joined
·
534 Posts
Great car! Its wonderful that the US is producing some really cool cars. Being that we're on a Caddy board, why did you select the DC car over a CTS-V? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My two 6+ foot tall sons did not fit in the back seat of the CTS-V and my oldest son and I are the only ones who can drive manual, and he no longer lives in VA... so it was the better choice for my needs. I am not too keen on driving a manual anymore through rush hour. I used to do it, but now I save it for track events. Lastly, the CTS-V was not a limited production vehicle like the SRT-8 Charger, and those who know me know that I usually go for the specialty vehicles. Don't get me wrong, if I did not use the back seat and I was 10 years younger, the CTS-V would have been the way to go.
 

·
Registered
CTS-V
Joined
·
534 Posts
Fair enough. Great car. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come! Hope to see you at Summit or VIR this coming season!
 

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
Joined
·
2,146 Posts
Congrats on your new toy. Have you got the urge to lay some rubber yet?
 

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
Joined
·
23,162 Posts
Leloz said:
. Lastly, the CTS-V was not a limited production vehicle like the SRT-8 Charger, and those who know me know that I usually go for the specialty vehicles. Don't get me wrong, if I did not use the back seat and I was 10 years younger, the CTS-V would have been the way to go.
Congrats on the car, and a cool car is a cool car.
However I will take issue that the V is not a limited production vehicle compared to the Charger SRT-8.
According to this thread, there have been 1105 SRT-8 Chargers made from 9/12/05 to 12/12/05.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4608&page=1&pp=10
That is 368/month. Assuming production continues until June 2006, the math reveals 3315 units. That is 4400 over 12 months.

According to this thread
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt-8-general-discussion/13940-2005-year-review-srt8-production-totals.html
ResumeSpeed works at the plant...the 2005 total SRT8 production was 8300 units, across all SRT8 lines. He also estimates 2006 production of the Charter SRT8 will be 4-5000.

Now, the CTS-V has these numbers from a GM "insider":
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/production.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43087&highlight=production
4195 for 2005, 3990 for 2004 = 8185 CTS-V over 2 model years is fewer than one model year of SRT8s.

Accounting for some inaccuracies in the numbers, production is dead even.

__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
 

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
Joined
·
6,440 Posts
Leloz said:
I traded my boring 2005 Acura RL on a 2006 fully loaded Brilliant Black SRT-8 Charger today. So far I love the car! American muscle + modern technology= my dream daily driver. Now I do not regret selling my allocation spot for the Z06, this car is half the price and alot of fun so far. I will try to post pictures soon :thumbsup:
I sure would like to meet up with you sometime. I'd like to see one in person with no dealer hassles. I should have mine back next week. Please email me if you're interested. I know of at least one other V owner in our area that would like to see it as well I'm sure. [email protected]

Thanks,

Chris

BTW - Did you buy from Beach Dodge?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for the delay in pictures. I was helping my oldest son move to Miami, Florida. Here are the pics (the front plate was straightened after the picture, the salesman had installed it when I picked it up at night).






I figured the SRT-8 Charger was more limited production than the CTS-V because each dealership is alloted only 2 vehicles as opposed to the 8-10 CTS-V vehicles I have seen at the Cadillac dealership.
Goodnight and take care!
-Abe
 

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
Joined
·
34,087 Posts
Very nice! You should get pics of it next to FWB, 60 Spcl and your S600!
 

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
Joined
·
6,440 Posts
Leloz,

We have the same brick! On the house I mean! LOL. There's a little GTO meet Saturday at Hooters on Battlefield. I'm thinking of crashing. Sure would like to see the SRT-8 in person. Any chance? Hopefully my V will be out of the shop by then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CVP33 said:
Leloz,

We have the same brick! On the house I mean! LOL. There's a little GTO meet Saturday at Hooters on Battlefield. I'm thinking of crashing. Sure would like to see the SRT-8 in person. Any chance? Hopefully my V will be out of the shop by then.

Thanks for the offer, my wife is still in Miami helping our oldest son settle in for his Med rotations and I am at home alone balancing work and the family business. I will take a raincheck though! :D
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top