Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at several '91 and up wagons.. I just could not find one in this area that wasn't a rust bucket.

I was at the Downers Grove friday night car show when this beautiful 1986 Pontiac Parisienne Safari Wagon drove into the parking lot. The body looked flawless.. and it had for sale signs on it!

I rushed over to talk to the owner and he gave me the run down on the car. It was a one owner car and he had all the records from day one, including the factory sticker price. It has 98,000 original miles on it and has been garage kept and seen no winter days! Best part.. NO RUST!! I got his number and was waiting for a free day so I could spend some time with the car before I made an offer.

So... today I went over to his house and drove it for a good half hour. It drove amazing. The car has a fully rebuilt front suspension and brand new rear air shocks. He also showed me the receipts for a new Carb and so much more maintenance totalling $1,100 in the last year alone.

Even though it was the older body style and a Carb'd 305 V8.. I had to make an exception.

I got the car for $950.00 and drove it away. The car is solid and the interior is in near mint condition.

I wonder what it will look like with Impala SS wheels ;)

Now all I need is to sell the dern Roadmaster sedan!!!
-Elias

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clark Griswald would be jealous.

Man, I really like this wagon... it is almost showroom new. The elderly gentleman was asking $2K for it and I spent a good hour haggling him down to $950.

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
you made out like a bandit on that one, then. I had an '81 Buick Estate wagon - same type of land yacht and it was the BEST damn car (outside of caddies) that i've owned. Big, heavy, solid and comfortable - but I could STILL haul a few 4'x8' sheets of drywall or plywood when i had to!!!!!

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
What kind of mileage do you expect? I'd like to find something to replace my 17-22MPG Aerostar. Something to tow the sailboat or 4X8 trailer, haul a few remodeling items, etc. I was considering a truckster myself.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kind of mileage do you expect? I'd like to find something to replace my 17-22MPG Aerostar. Something to tow the sailboat or 4X8 trailer, haul a few remodeling items, etc. I was considering a truckster myself.
The owner said around 15-17 in the city and 25-28 on the highway. So almost the same as a 307 powered Brougham :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
What a great car! I love those woody wagons. Brings back memories.

Even though I think there's something special about fake wood and wires, I think the SS wheels will look great!

·
Registered
01 STS, 92 Roadmaster, 01 SLS-sold, 88 Brougham-crushed
1,392 Posts
-Elias
Elias, I'm talking to my dad about your Roadie, his 92 caprice wagon is rusting out like crazy. Frame seems to be getting weak and quarters are gone.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! And to think... this wagon cost me as much as the tires I put on the Fleetwood! :eek:

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Elias...are you just buying cars for shits and giggles or are you buying them for a reason?! LOL! Is it your goal to own an example of each B-Body ever built?! LOL!

It sure is a nice example of an '85 Parisienne. Quite a change in power/handling from your black '96 Brougham eh? 150hp v. ~280.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Currently I am working at St. Bernard Hospital in South Chicago.. anyone who knows this area knows that I need a car like the 1986 Parisienne wagon ;)

I bought this one as a daily driver/hauler. Worked nicely when I had to take a Roadmaster rear bumper to ship today :thumbsup:

What else can you buy for $950 that is rust free, has power windows/locks that work, and has ice cold A/C?

D

·
0 Posts
After looking at several '91 and up wagons.. I just could not find one in this area that wasn't a rust bucket.

I was at the Downers Grove friday night car show when this beautiful 1986 Pontiac Parisienne Safari Wagon drove into the parking lot. The body looked flawless.. and it had for sale signs on it!

I rushed over to talk to the owner and he gave me the run down on the car. It was a one owner car and he had all the records from day one, including the factory sticker price. It has 98,000 original miles on it and has been garage kept and seen no winter days! Best part.. NO RUST!! I got his number and was waiting for a free day so I could spend some time with the car before I made an offer.

So... today I went over to his house and drove it for a good half hour. It drove amazing. The car has a fully rebuilt front suspension and brand new rear air shocks. He also showed me the receipts for a new Carb and so much more maintenance totalling $1,100 in the last year alone.

Even though it was the older body style and a Carb'd 305 V8.. I had to make an exception.

I got the car for $950.00 and drove it away. The car is solid and the interior is in near mint condition.

I wonder what it will look like with Impala SS wheels ;)

-Elias
Thats hot (I'm trying to keep a straight face). Seriously, I love buying stuff like this. This car is probably more reliable and cheaper to fix than any car made after the early '90's. Listen to me now, do not sell the Buick. Instead, swap the drivetrains, an LT1/4L60E in that old wagon would be killer and you have all the parts right there in the Buick!. Add some gears/exhaust and you've got the sleeper from hell. Should be substantially lighter than the Roadmaster too. And if you need Impala SS wheels, I've got a set in the garage.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL! I thought about the LT1/4L60e swap... but then I thought about a Caddy 500 or a 455 Rocket:thumbsup: If I every do a LS6/T56 swap in the Fleetwood, then the LT1/4L60e will go in the wagon.

I sent you a PM on the SS wheels & tires.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts