Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspite 14 or 13 Bose loudspeakers and the bazz around it , compare to stock audio system of any regular car, I didn't open eyes or mouth astonished.
Poor equalizer (are we at the 80'?) Of Bass, Medium and treble vs 6-9 channels (even cellphones has better equalizers and sound).
If my wife's Spark audio system rated 5 out of 10, I would give the Cadillac 6-7 out of 10.
20 years ago, Cerwin vega an MB Quart loudspeakers did much better sound in my cars.
I would put different system such as B&O or other to give the buyer much better sound.

·
Registered
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
223 Posts
If B&O wanted to produce car systems as cheaply as Bose does, it would, and these cars would have better sound. GM needs to make a profit, and B&O needs for people like you to bow before it to justify its ridiculous prices. Thus, we get a shitty "premium" system instead of an actual one.
If you feel the need to blame GM, go sit in a G8 GXP. It's called "Blaupunkt." The total number of G8s ever produced equaled the number of XT5s made monthly, so compromises and economies of scale were never even discussed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For a car like this cost double then average car, I would expect a btter sound system.
6 or 14 speakers in this case its the same effect

·
Registered
2017 XT5
260 Posts
I wonder where sound systems rank among buyer priorities, even in the luxury category. If it were, say, top five, then SiriusXM would have had to step up its game years ago. The sound is horribly compressed on many channels aside from the mainstream ones such as Hits 1.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you had the chance to seat in S class Mercedes with Burmester system?
Yes, you pay for it and it worth each sent.
The Bose in the Cadillac...I rather they keep holes and let the owners put their speakers.

·
Registered
203 Posts
One of the easiest updates is to upgrade the speakers. Unfortunately, with these highly integrated systems, it's becomes quite expensive to go beyond that. In my Vette, I replaced the speakers with Focals and it made a seimic improvement. On my wifes last Denali, I used JL replacements and those also made a pretty nice improvement.

·
Registered
2017 XT5
912 Posts
Bose has a reputation for using cheap speakers in cars but then making them sound somewhere between "barely adequate" and "not bad" by using specialized equalization tuned for the specific car's cabin. There was a time when I spent many thousands of dollars on home and car audio equipment. After decades of enjoying that at volume levels that were too high, I now find most any car's audio system to sound pretty good.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bose has a reputation for using cheap speakers in cars but then making them sound somewhere between "barely adequate" and "not bad" by using specialized equalization tuned for the specific car's cabin. There was a time when I spent many thousands of dollars on home and car audio equipment. After decades of enjoying that at volume levels that were too high, I now find most any car's audio system to sound pretty good.
No doubt, vehicle audio systems have improved alot when the mfr's realized people will drop some decent coin for an upgrade. However, the resulting quality is pretty subjective. What is good enough to one person can be pretty lacking to another. That's where the aftermarket kicks in for those searching for more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, when you buy a cadillac (120k$ in Israel) you expect from "Bose 14 speakers" somthing.
As I wrote, Cerwin vega or MB quart from the 90' would blow it away with 4 speakers.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well, I'm sure they have custom audio shops in Israel, right? Anyone expecting High End Audio out of anything from Bose, should know better. And, btw it's now the 2020's. Much better stuff than CW or MB now a days. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts