Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have Allante 1990
Audio system does not work, from speakers I hear only a wheezing.
I just change the aplificator but I did not solve the problem.
I try to contact allantesource.com to ask him informations and buy parts to fix it, but I did not received responce.
Where I can find parts in US or europe (I am from Italy) ?
Thanks
Mirko

·
Registered
1992 Allante Black / Beige
86 Posts
Hello Mirko. What do you mean by "aplificator"? Do you hear the same "wheezing" when operating in Radio mode and Tape Deck mode? Does your model have a CD and is it the same in that mode?
Trying to isolate the problem rather than just throwing parts at it.
Michael

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, sorry I meant "audio amplifier".
The old amplifier is not working. Zero sounds.
The new amplifier (bought used in the US) emits a whistle both with the radio and with the tape deck.
It has CD player but it is not working, I have to repair it.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1992 Allante Black / Beige
86 Posts
OK. I think you mean the radio receiver that is located behind the glove box on the passenger side. Did you purchase the replacement from someone that told you it was tested and operating correctly? I had an issue with mine and I lost all sound. I bought a replacement from Allante Source and it also failed after a year- they replaced it on warranty and the third one has worked fine for 3 years.
Do you have a Service Information Manual (Factory Service Manual)? They are very helpful in troubleshooting and diagnosing Allante problems. I attach 3 photos of the Manual sections for the Delco/Bose Audio System that will give you some place to start in searching for the problem. Let us know if you have any luck.
Audio Chart 17A.jpg Audio Chart 17B.jpg Audio Chart 18.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts