Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1968 convertible, 1998 sls, 1997 sts
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got a 98 seville SLS with the factory 8 speaker stereo. Since then I have driven a 98 STS with the Bose stereo. If you go to EBAY I see you can get the BOSE head unit. How many pieces are involved in upgrading to the BOSE system? Besides the 8 speakers, what else is there?. Is it a plug and play system or is there some rewiring or additional cabling that would need to be done?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Everything is going to need to be changed. This is a basic list of the parts.
1. Single Bose amp in the trunk.
2. A couple of Bose relays.
3. The bose FM reciever.
4. 8 Speakers.
5. The headunit.
6. The wiring harnesses.

Overall this would be a major PITA, I would reccomend just getting a whole new system installed. These 96 and up Sevilles are VERY touchy when it comes to the audio systems, if you take something out, it can cause other problems like your battery draining. I am farily experianced when it comes to car audio, so I would try and tackle it, but if you are a novice installer, I would reccomend going somewhere and get a new system profesionaly installed. I am not sure if the Bose amp will interface with the rest of the computer on the 98, so it will be a big gamble. The member DanDan has alot of answers for the 96 and up audio, you might try talking to him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts