Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Allante.
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 88 brochure for the full line cadillac mentions a 200 watt Bose system
( bose gold ) in "seleceted" Cadillacs.. doesn't say which models, and I know Allante still had the 100 watt system.. Is there another Cadillac that the Amplifiers will easilly interchange with these for an 88 Allante? I'm not talking a direct plug in ( speaker box etc) but the "innards".. anyone know of another model that has the 200 watt system that I can just rebuild my 100 watt system too? ( besides the 91 and 92 Allante, of course )

·
Banned
Is one enough ?
645 Posts
So my 88 brochure for the full line cadillac mentions a 200 watt Bose system
( bose gold ) in "seleceted" Cadillacs.. doesn't say which models, and I know Allante still had the 100 watt system.. Is there another Cadillac that the Amplifiers will easilly interchange with these for an 88 Allante? I'm not talking a direct plug in ( speaker box etc) but the "innards".. anyone know of another model that has the 200 watt system that I can just rebuild my 100 watt system too? ( besides the 91 and 92 Allante, of course )
yes there are. i got a set, or pieces from that set, in my
storage shed. i cannibalized the units.

the problem is, when i found them no one cared to listen, some
came along and buried the threads with garbage (another site)
and i never documented the info .. what little i remember, it was
an ElDo or Seville, mid-90'ish. Those models all look the same to
me sitting all busted up in the salvage yards.

all i can suggest is that you search the local salvage yards and take
a look. the rear enclosures are identical to the Allante enclosures with
the exception of one small plastic ear. the front looked similar but,
not so sure since i decided it was too much hazzle in 105F weather,
so i just took the rears.

·
Registered
1988 Allante.
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Stealth, are you saying ( to the best of your recolection) that the speakers were from a northstar Eldo of Seville? I ask because I looked pretty closly at a 92 Seville in a salvage yard recently, and the "bose " speakers in the back were just a typical 6 X 9 with an attached small amp beneathe the magnet, just slightly bigger then a deck of cards.. I was wondering if on eof those amps could just be fastened into my Allante enclosure, wired up and used that way to upgrade the original sound. I almost afraid to try it, since my 100 watt system was rebuilt a few years ago and still works flawlessly... it's just not loud enuugh at 70 with the top down for my taste.

·
Banned
Is one enough ?
645 Posts
So Stealth, are you saying ( to the best of your recolection) that the speakers were from a northstar Eldo of Seville? I ask because I looked pretty closly at a 92 Seville in a salvage yard recently, and the "bose " speakers in the back were just a typical 6 X 9 with an attached small amp beneathe the magnet, just slightly bigger then a deck of cards.. I was wondering if on eof those amps could just be fastened into my Allante enclosure, wired up and used that way to upgrade the original sound. I almost afraid to try it, since my 100 watt system was rebuilt a few years ago and still works flawlessly... it's just not loud enuugh at 70 with the top down for my taste.

NO ! i didnt say or eluded to that.

the rear enclosures are identical to the Allante enclosures with
the exception of one small plastic ear.

·
Registered
1973 Eldo Convert -1990 Deville - 1993 SLS
17 Posts
I repaired my 2 rear amps with the capacitor fix, but wasn't so lucky with one of the fronts. I replaced The amp with a bose amp from a 1993 STS. the amp was almost identical. Even had the shiny green caps in side. Bolts in exactly with the same 4 holes. Speaker's are also identical, almost same part number on the sticker and measure the same 2 ohms. The plug at the end is smaller, so you will need to cut it of and solder in a doner part (from your old amp).
The wiring is obvious. The wires are marked on the board, in+, in- & power.

It was a good replacement for my 90.5, so it must be of equal power, dosen't sound any louder. I am sure there are alot of bose amps from eldo,deviles,sevills,STS & SLS in scrap yards.

note.... if you happen to knock of that rod from the power door lock switch to the power door lock solinoid, remove the 3 screws holding the lock solinoid and position it to install the rod back on, alot easier than tring to do it blindly
:thumbsup:

oh ya..thanks stealth for the redtop info....

forgot to mention, these where from the front doors of the sts.... The rears uses 6x9's with the amp under neath. I imagine the amps are the same as fronts.. they have the same wiring in the service manual. I will confirm the next time around the donar car

·
Banned
Is one enough ?
645 Posts
I repaired my 2 rear amps with the capacitor fix, but wasn't so lucky with one of the fronts. I replaced The amp with a bose amp from a 1993 STS. the amp was almost identical. Even had the shiny green caps in side. Bolts in exactly with the same 4 holes. Speaker's are also identical, almost same part number on the sticker and measure the same 2 ohms. The plug at the end is smaller, so you will need to cut it of and solder in a doner part (from your old amp).
The wiring is obvious. The wires are marked on the board, in+, in- & power.

It was a good replacement for my 90.5, so it must be of equal power, dosen't sound any louder. I am sure there are a lot of bose amps from eldo,deviles,sevills,STS & SLS in scrap yards.

note.... if you happen to knock of that rod from the power door lock switch to the power door lock solinoid, remove the 3 screws holding the lock solinoid and position it to install the rod back on, alot easier than tring to do it blindly
:thumbsup:

oh ya..thanks stealth for the redtop info....

forgot to mention, these where from the front doors of the sts.... The rears uses 6x9's with the amp under neath. I imagine the amps are the same as fronts.. they have the same wiring in the service manual. I will confirm the next time around the donar car
yes there are. i got a set, or pieces from that set, in my
storage shed. i cannibalized the units.

the problem is, when i found them no one cared to listen, some
came along and buried the threads with garbage (another site)
and i never documented the info .. what little i remember, it was
an ElDo or Seville, mid-90'ish. Those models all look the same to
me sitting all busted up in the salvage yards.

all i can suggest is that you search the local salvage yards and take
a look. the rear enclosures are identical to the Allante enclosures with
the exception of one small plastic ear. the front looked similar but,
not so sure since i decided it was too much hazzle in 105F weather,
so i just took the rears.

There you have it .. from one model .. thousands sit on salvage yards ..
i be looking at the ElDo models sitting there at the yards also ..

cap,

you will never buy anything else, not for a car with a battery inside the
passenger compartment ..

i sure wont.

how much does it cost now?

·
Registered
1973 Eldo Convert -1990 Deville - 1993 SLS
17 Posts
the cost was $189,99 + PST & GST totaling $216.59 Canadian. @ wal-mart.

Same battery for a 90 deville mention on line @ optima's website and also on wal-mart's computer.

regarding replacing the plug end on the bose amps, Make your cut amp side not plug side, that way the connections are in the enclosed speaker box. This way it will be sheilded from water and moisture.

note: I have a 93 seville, it has the same amps as well in the doors... The backs will be 6x9, same as sts. It's instorage so I can't check rear amps, but i am 99.9 % sure they will be the same as fronts. The service manual show it to be exactly like fronts. Just like on a allante

·
Banned
Is one enough ?
645 Posts
the cost was $189,99 + PST & GST totaling $216.59 Canadian. @ wal-mart.

Same battery for a 90 deville mention on line @ optima's website and also on wal-mart's computer.

regarding replacing the plug end on the bose amps, Make your cut amp side not plug side, that way the connections are in the enclosed speaker box. This way it will be sheilded from water and moisture.

note: I have a 93 seville, it has the same amps as well in the doors... The backs will be 6x9, same as sts. It's instorage so I can't check rear amps, but i am 99.9 % sure they will be the same as fronts. The service manual show it to be exactly like fronts. Just like on a allante

i knew i wasnt crazy, even though i was called such.
yes, they are out three, by the thousands, if not millions.

thanks for the verification.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts