Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac seville
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my 1999 seville sls has the bose sound system. the right front passenger door speaker is making buzzing noises when i crank up the sound. i guess the speakers on its way out. i priced a replacement from a local caddy dealer and he has one in stock. the price is $197.31 FOR THE CORRECT BOSE REPLACEMENT SPEAKER. any one know if this is a good price? i took the door panel off and you can hear the speaker buzz and distort just to make sure nothing was loose. if anyone has a better price let me know. ty jimmy

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
That speaker is used in many cars, Mazda Millenias, Infinitys, Corvettes and earlier Cads. Its a 2 ohm I believe.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
I got a door speaker from GMPartsDirect delivered to my house for $110. I wouldn't pay a cent over that for a brand new speaker; and while a used speaker may seem like a cheap alternative there is no telling when its going to go. These speakers are extremely sensitive, so it's usually wiser to suck it up and buy new. Check eBay as well for new speakers, they may be even cheaper than PartsDirect.

·
Registered
2002 STS, 2005 CTS 3.6
413 Posts
There is usually several 97-04 Corvette front door Bose speaker assemblies for sale on E-bay that use the same woofer and they come paired with the smaller tweeter speaker that you can use for any of the three in the front dash, should they fail someday. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts