Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Seville
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just inherited a 69k mint condition 92 Seville from my father-in-law when we picked up his new 07 CTS the other day. I love this car. It is show room fresh!

Except for the radio... It has the Bose Gold system in it with the CD and cassette. A couple of years ago he said the speakers were cutting in and out in the back so I disconnected them to stop the static. It worked on fronts for a while and now will not even come on.

I know I can go aftermarket, but what I would really rather know is what later year Caddy stereo systems could I transplant into the Seville so it would still look stock. Of course, it would be great if I could put in the late model stuff with the GPS screens and everything but that is probably a bit too optimistic.

I know some of the later model dashes are rounded so they wouldn't work without trimming. And I don't mind losing the Bose if I need to...

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
Cadillac
49 Posts
I have a 95 Eldorado parts car that has a Bose gold system in it that works great. The car was hit in the side so the passenger speaker enclosure was cracked, which I glued back together. Everything works. the car also has most of the systems still in it. I have sold some items, like the ABS pump, and some of the lights and some other hardware like the antenae, etc, but the drive train is in great shape with 91k miles on it. I drove it home, but have no title, so it cannot be repaired. All the suspension is in good shape, etc. I was gonna put the bose system in my 94 Seville, but have changed my mind as I am too lazy to take apart the Seville. All the speakers with the amps work. The head unit works as I have played both the CD and cassette and radio. I have sold the antenae, so it is gone, but the stereo is all there.

Dan
618-732-6215

I can take pics if I am allowed to send messages yet as I am new here. Or give me your e-mail, or just call.

·
Registered
Cadillac
49 Posts
I have a 95 Eldorado that has a complete working Bose Gold system. All components work. The car was hit in the side and totaled. It has 91k miles on it and the drive train, suspension, and everything else works. It is shale in color and the front fenders and trunk are in perfect condition, the hood has what looks like 3 small hail dents that could be easily repaired. I have sold the bumpers, one headlight assy and one tail light assy. All the shocks or struts work along with all the controls. The car was well taken car of until the old fella wrecked it. I still have the dash assy and even the AC works.

I drove the car to my house reaching speeds of 70 mph and it drove fine. I checked out everything I could and as far as I know everything works that isn't damaged.

Dan Lemke
618-732-6215

Make offers on any of it or all of it.

I even have the window sticker from when it was sold for 42,000 dollars in 95. The motor is the 275 HP version like in an SLS Seville. I also have an extra computer I bought off flea-bay for the Seville that I would donate to the guy that wanted to engineer a performance chip. I also have a stock set of rims for a 94 Seville as I replaced them with a set off a 97 Seville. They don't have the center caps, but I do have a set I bought off flea-bay that didn't fit that would fit another. If anyone is interested in those, I can take a pic and measure them so you can be sure they fit. They are new aftermarket ones.

Dan
618-732-6215

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
The connectors will all be diffferent. In fact, without opening the manual or my own trunk, I'm quite sure the '92 radio receiver is next to the antenna. This would make for a big project.

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Seville
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Dan, I appreciate the offer. I would probably be interested in your car but I don't have room for another project right now. That motor would be great in the back of my Fiero!

Cad_Tech, that is interesting. I will have to look that over. It appears that my best bet would be to rip out the entire system and install aftermarket. Sounds like a big project too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts