Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here I am with 4 infinity speakers, and every audio shop in Medford, Or. refuses to touch a bose system, saying they don't want the responsibilty if something goes wrong...so, I know there's a very comprehensive thread here somewhere on installation, does anyone remember where it is? Thx

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Check out the Faq site. This is a very simple upgrade. Even 4 ohm speakers will work fine if you don't want to use the Infinity 2 ohm speakers. I've got all JL Audio Components (front) and Coaxials (rear) working on my Bose amp right now and it sounds 110% better. Didn't lose any volume with the 4 ohm speakers. Do a search for some threads on this topic.

Shane

·
Registered
270 Posts
ssmith100 said:
Check out the Faq site. This is a very simple upgrade. Even 4 ohm speakers will work fine if you don't want to use the Infinity 2 ohm speakers. I've got all JL Audio Components (front) and Coaxials (rear) working on my Bose amp right now and it sounds 110% better. Didn't lose any volume with the 4 ohm speakers. Do a search for some threads on this topic.

Shane
I put some 4 ohm Diamonds in my rear as I am in the middle of upgrading. There is quite a bit of difference with the loudness when compared to the front speakers(still stock) but this is to be expected. An all 4-ohm setup will be fine...

ssmith....did you use the JLs crossovers? If so, where did you get the inputs? Are the factory mids getting the full range?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Mat,

Input to the JL crossover is coming from the output at the Bose amp. I'm guessing the factory Bose crossover point is around 100. I had to run wire for the tweeter in the front pillar. Everything is coming along great. Need to finish the amp rack. Pics below.

Shane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts