Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville D'Elegance
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 DeVille D'Elegance with the factory CD/Casette Head unit with RDS and the DSP controls, I have 11 speakers I can find. Is this a BOSE unit? It doesn't say bose in the head unit itself or anywhere I can find.... is there an RPO code for BOSE? I looked in the owners manual the other day and as I remember this is the top of the line offered except for the trunk mounted changer option that I don't have (yet).

·
Registered
07 Black Raven CTS, 07 Gold Mist CTS
453 Posts
I have the same question on my 98 Eldorado. Did pick up a Delco 12 disc trunk mount changer on ebay very reasonable ($150) and bought a factory bracket ($8) and did the install in the right rear portion of the truck with appropriate cap screws (under the carpet is the factory changer bracket mounting) The pigtail for plug and play is located on the right side under the carpet near the antenna area. It should have a factory jumper connected to it that needs to be removed before plugging into the changer. My radio instantly recognized the used Delco changer and plays like a dream. Only wrinkle is that the CD's are loaded in the changer face down. If loaded face up in the magazine, you will get ERR on the display. Good luck!

·
Registered
1998 Deville D'Elegance
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after searching the owners manual from cover to cover it appears that BOSE was NOT an option in 98 at least not on the DeVille. I have the top of the line stereo according to the manual. Oh well still sounds awesome! Noticed that the new DTS only has an 8 speaker setup??? Anyone able to comment on the sound quality compared to my '98 11 speaker setup?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts