Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I go about removing the HU in my 2004 CTS? I need to get the ID number on the back so the dealer that sold me the car can order a replacement unit. The 6-disc changer does not work, you get "CD Mech Error" when you press "load." I never turned the stereo on during the test drive, guess that wasn't on my priority list when buying the car...He has agreed to purchase a new unit (probably used) and have it programmed on his buck, I just have to get him the ID number which I am told is on the back of the unit and the only way to get it is either manually or with a TechII programmed with Cadillac software. I figure I've removed tons of HU's just need to know where to start with this one. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Cadillac 2007 cts
107 Posts
Thats a lot of work to remove and reinstall a head unit. On his buck get their tech to use the scanner to retrieve the numbers he wants.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats a lot of work to remove and reinstall a head unit. On his buck get their tech to use the scanner to retrieve the numbers he wants.
His scanner does not have the Cadillac software necessary to scan for that information, he already tried that. He is doing me a big favor as it is because his 3/3000 mile warranty does not even cover this type of repair, but he is willing to make it right. I am totally comfortable taking out a HU...I'll probably spend more time on the phone with XM switching my subscription to the new HU.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
Actually, you won't spend any time on the phone with XM radio. As their radio unit with their radio ID, is on the rear deck of the car. Basically, when you have the new HU programmed, your XM radio will work with out any calling.

KOT

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, you won't spend any time on the phone with XM radio. As their radio unit with their radio ID, is on the rear deck of the car. Basically, when you have the new HU programmed, your XM radio will work with out any calling.

KOT
Nice :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts