Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys...

I've been down this road before, and found the right caps. It was a search, but DigiKey Corp offered the 820uf 16V caps I needed to finish replacing all my caps on the rear speakers of my STS. I replaced the other caps with tantalum caps to increase reliability. I just discovered that I have a burned out surface resistor on the back side of the circuit board. It is in the middle of two other surface resistors marked "A5". Does anyone have a contact at Bose or some other place that would have a schematic on this circuit board? Bose is a tight ass on the subject. The guys at http://www.carstereohelp.com just want my money for the whole thing. Anything else out there?

Thanks,

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a Bose Gold circuit board that is dead, perhaps you could use a resistor from it. I'll send it to you no charge.

Jim

R&D Guy said:
Ok guys...

I've been down this road before, and found the right caps. It was a search, but DigiKey Corp offered the 820uf 16V caps I needed to finish replacing all my caps on the rear speakers of my STS. I replaced the other caps with tantalum caps to increase reliability. I just discovered that I have a burned out surface resistor on the back side of the circuit board. It is in the middle of two other surface resistors marked "A5". Does anyone have a contact at Bose or some other place that would have a schematic on this circuit board? Bose is a tight ass on the subject. The guys at http://www.carstereohelp.com just want my money for the whole thing. Anything else out there?

Thanks,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1991BD said:
I have a Bose Gold circuit board that is dead, perhaps you could use a resistor from it. I'll send it to you no charge.

Jim
Hey Jim,

That would be great! Sorry about taking so long to get back to you...holidays and all. Let me pull my board again and see which ones I could use.

Thank you again,

Bert

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Guys
I have a 92 deville with Bose Gold.
When I hit the power button, all I hear is loud hum that I can not even turn the volume down on.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Guys
I have a 92 deville with Bose Gold.
When I hit the power button, all I hear is loud hum that I can not even turn the volume down on.

Any ideas?
I narrowed the noise down to the speaker in the front passenger door. No other speakers are making noise. I hope there is a wire touching that I can fix. Next step is getting the door panel off without breaking anything. I think there are screws under the lights on the armrest. I will try to find them...and update.

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Turns out the speaker was OK. I changed the circuit board and it works fine now. Only thing left is my CD does not work. It shows "ER" when i try to playt one. I opened nad cleaned the EYE but no luck.

Anybody had this problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts