Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade & CTS VSPORT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the free Cadillac Bosch charger installed. I received a letter today from Bosch saying that there have been issues with the coupler melting when used at 30 amps and they are offering a free upgraded cable and coupler. I know the ELR only uses 16 amps so not really a problem, but figured since it's free I would future proof it by getting the upgrade.

So if anyone has the Bosch Power Express just call them 888-823-9877 and they will send you a new cable and set up an electrician to change it out.

·
Registered
2017 ATS Premium Performance Sedan Crystal White Tricolor with Platinum Interior
173 Posts
I have the same charger, have not received a letter so I called Bosch, they were totally not helpfull. Said they could not look it up by my name, vin, address etc.

·
Registered
2014 ELR Saks Edition
95 Posts
Thanks for the copy. I emailed it to the Bosch rep who coordinated the install of my charger, and he replied:
"You should be getting a letter soon. The letters are coming out in waves to help space out the amount of work that is going to go into replacing them. I have forwarded your information over to my colleague that is coordinating the entire project and she is looking into it for us."

·
Registered
2017 ATS Premium Performance Sedan Crystal White Tricolor with Platinum Interior
173 Posts
I have called Bosch 3x about the cable/coupler, each time I get a run around saying just like auto recalls it is not all couplers. Well gonna call again tomorrow morning as noticed 2 things today that was different from always, 1. When I plugged it in the dash did not light up and display finish time. 2. More important, when I went to remove the coupler from the car after charging complete the coupler was extremely hot, never was before.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Bosch is some real backwards unorganized company. Been on phobe with them numerous times and each time run around. Today customer support transferred me to technical saying that the tech would check my unit by tests so stand near the unit. On phone with tech migjt as welk talked to a walk he said do not worry about coupler being extremely hot as long as car charged, he also said he knew of no problems or recall of cable/coupler. We had words as I told him what I think of his tech support.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just had the new cable/coupler installed. Honestly the old coupler seemed for substantial and better made. The release button on the old one was rubber seaked and the lock for the car was metal and plastic while the new one the lock and release button is all plastic. Have not used it yet so can't comment on use.

·
Registered
Escalade & CTS VSPORT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
steve2150 said:
Just had the new cable/coupler installed. Honestly the old coupler seemed for substantial and better made. The release button on the old one was rubber seaked and the lock for the car was metal and plastic while the new one the lock and release button is all plastic. Have not used it yet so can't comment on use.
I agree the new cable seems cheaper. I've been using it about a month and it seems to work as good as the last one but feels cheap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts