Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
Re: Borla, KPE, or magnaflow?

If I had to do it over I would have my exhaust guy build one.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts

Looks.... how many folks look under your car.

·
Registered
2014 ATS Red
124 Posts

I went with the Magnaflow and love the sound. All three are high quality systems so it really comes down to cost and sound. Try and find a way to listen to all three if you can. I was able to get the Magnaflow for $750 delivered to my door so I think I did ok. Install was cheap, only $80, took them about 40 min.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V 6MT; 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD
288 Posts
Just to throw another one in there, I've been saving up for the Corsa cat back, but I've got a 2.0T.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I have a Corsa cat back on my Challenger... Outstanding but expensive.

·
Registered
ATS 4 2.0T
42 Posts
The Borla axle back can be purchased from wsa performance on EBay for 400 dollars. That's the way I went - 400 bucks and $35.00 for the install, which included welding the system in and not using the supplied clamps.

I have an SLP Loudmouth I system on my Corvette (C6) - it is just as throaty as the Corsa or Billy Boat systems for half the cost.

·
Registered
2015 ATS 3.6 RWD Premium
502 Posts
Borla and Corsa don't make an axle back system for the ATS 3.6 nor do they plan on developing one. Your choices are Magnaflow, KPE, stand-alone mufflers with custom installation, or a custom built exhaust.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
My exhaust guy is pretty good.. Here is his work on my Monte Carlo SS exhaust. Of course it would be cool to have mandrel bent SS tubing. But, the cost would be $$$$

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,636 Posts
Custom built what should I be looking at price, material, sound quality?
FWIW I haven't had a custom done in many years. But when I did I found that if a shop isn't busy, they would do the work for considerably less than when they were busy if you know how to negotiate. I guess it beat watching soaps. Of course the better the shop the less chance of being idle and in this economy maybe any business has to staff down for the leanest times and all are always busy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just had the Magnaflow installed on my 2.0t and the sound, while subjective, is excellent IMO. The tech at the dealer had a little trouble lining up the tips, one sticks out about 1/4' further than the other, and he said the muffler was square. I'm sure the QA/QC isn't as good with Magnaflow as with Corsa/KPE but for the cost I got from Marylandspeed, the Magnaflow was an easy choice.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T RWD
174 Posts
I got the borla through ebay I found the link on this forum I think it was 350. I love it it's not to loud but it's noticeable and most important it doesn't make u sound like a Honda Civic.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
If I were to do it all over again I would have my local guy do a custom echaust. He did a custom job for my Monte Carlo SS for just just a bit more than cat back kit, as I posted earlier.

If I was closer I would have TRS Fab, Trent Stanley, build it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts