Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
intalled my borla last night, talk about sweet sounding, and i can definitely feel some extra ponies.
it was relatively easy to install. it was harder removing the old one, because one flange bolt snapped. i musta broke about 12 drill bits getting that sucka out, took more time messing with that bolt than the whole rest of the job.
the clamps are nice and beefy, i talked to a muffler shop and they said they probably wouldn't weld it unless i wanted it welded. so for now i'll leave as is. if i ever have any leaks i'll get it welded.
that exhaust sure pushes my 20's nicely, i almost can't wait to try it out next winter on my 17's, i'll probably need new tires every winter lol.
on a side note borla says to reuse the exsisting gasket and seal, buy new ones.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
You're not gonna gain much power from the exhaust. It may sound better, but not like a V8.

I have yet to hear an exhaust out there for the CTS that's deep enough for me yet. They're loud, but it's not a V8 sound.

Got any videos for us? :D

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's not actually that loud except when i floor it, i don't have video but i does have a nice deep tone adds to the deep tone i had with my modded volant. guess you'll just have to take my word for it, or not.
sounds almost as throaty as my buddies stock eldorado and my other buddies sts.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
340 Posts
sometimes people on here are way too much of haters...
(i.e."...i don't see the point...")
DABEARS_
U haven't seemed like a d!ck in the past plus anytime i've seen your posts your usually helpful...but u def coming off like a p3n!s...

V-guys-
stop looking down your nose at the 2.8, 3.2, and 3.6 guys...we're all cadi-family, man- we just tryu to make the best of what we got.....

anywho..
pics would be nice

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
You're not gonna gain much power from the exhaust. It may sound better, but not like a V8.

I have yet to hear an exhaust out there for the CTS that's deep enough for me yet. They're loud, but it's not a V8 sound.

Got any videos for us? :D
thats cuz you havent heard mine :rolleyes: its sounds amazing

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya damn car snobs. if i had wanted an 8 i woulda bought one, i just couldn't justify the gas milage and insurance costs. a hopped up 6 suits me fine thats what i was looking for and thats what i bought.
heres a pic of the tips, next time i jack up my car i'll snap pics of the whole thing. i tried with my car on the ground haha but couldn,t get any quality ones.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
ya damn car snobs. if i had wanted an 8 i woulda bought one, i just couldn't justify the gas milage and insurance costs. a hopped up 6 suits me fine thats what i was looking for and thats what i bought.
heres a pic of the tips, next time i jack up my car i'll snap pics of the whole thing. i tried with my car on the ground haha but couldn,t get any quality ones.

Looks great tommy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
V-guys-
stop looking down your nose at the 2.8, 3.2, and 3.6 guys...we're all cadi-family, man- we just tryu to make the best of what we got.....

Since I'm the only V guy in here that posted, I assume you mean me.

I'm not seeing why you think I look down at the V6s, ESPECIALLY (like urby pointed out) I still have a V6.

I'm only saying, yes, a V6 with an exhaust may sound nice (although I haven't heard one that I really like yet, which is why I was asking if he had a video), but it's not gonna sound like a V8. Trust me, if I could make my V6 sound like my V, I would.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
340 Posts
but if all he has is a 3.2- don't ASSume he wouldn't mind a V (i.e. snobbily rub in what maybe he- nor I, couldn't get) I think it especially relevant here BECAUSE you own 2....a V and reg CTS...u had options - and apparently no ability to putyourself in another's shoes...I wasn't trying to be cryptic- I actually meant DABEARS at the time - but apparently downing someone's plans was contagious and JON caught it...
I mentioned DABEARS in my thread- but now that u mention it the whole superiority complex that the V-guys put out there goes way beyond this one thread.
Believe me I am not hating on guys with a V...hell- im happy for 'em- wish i was in their shoes- but it all comes back to perspective and thinking before you just post any rebuttle.... the forum should primarily be used for encouragement assistance and sharing ideas- not pissing on the next man- like I said- we're supposed to be cadi-family....

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
340 Posts
I'll assume JON was trying to derail him from wasting money (being helpful) on an upgrade that he wasn't gonna get what he wanted out of it...but then again- maybe he also wanted the cosmetic factor with the added benefit fo a few possible bonus ponies

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hell i got excactly what i wanted out of it i love the way it sounds, i may not sound like a cts-v, i never said that. it sure don't just sound like a 6 anymore. infact in the short time i had it on i have been asked by a few people who if it was the northstar v8 in there, it kinda funny actually, to their suprise when i say its a v6. i wish i could put a sound clip or video for you to hear. i'll admit i get abit envious of people with the cts-v. there is only one i know of in this city, and i beleive its up for sale.
but then i think to myself i wouldn't wanna pay for gas in that thing, or the insurance premiums around here for it, haha plus i already got enough speeding tickets. i could imagine the temptation to open that thing up all the time.
my business partner is selling his eldorado because of his long commute to work and the price of gas, so i could just imagine the prices for a v.
i was looking at all different caddy's when i bought this one my toss up was between this and a deville, then i read up on the cts and i figured the engine size was just perfect.
in my opinion the borla and my modded volant it sounds just perfect.:)

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
but if all he has is a 3.2- don't ASSume he wouldn't mind a V (i.e. snobbily rub in what maybe he- nor I, couldn't get) I think it especially relevant here BECAUSE you own 2....a V and reg CTS...u had options - and apparently no ability to putyourself in another's shoes...I wasn't trying to be cryptic- I actually meant DABEARS at the time - but apparently downing someone's plans was contagious and JON caught it...
I mentioned DABEARS in my thread- but now that u mention it the whole superiority complex that the V-guys put out there goes way beyond this one thread.
Believe me I am not hating on guys with a V...hell- im happy for 'em- wish i was in their shoes- but it all comes back to perspective and thinking before you just post any rebuttle.... the forum should primarily be used for encouragement assistance and sharing ideas- not pissing on the next man- like I said- we're supposed to be cadi-family....
sorry but dabears is a cts guy

1 - 20 of 33 Posts