Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Borla Exhaust today!!! I love it!!! Couple of hours install, hardest part was cutting out the right side (used a dremel tool). Sounds great, not real loud inside, but noticable difference. As soon as I can get dyno results I'll post them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I very interested in your results, I'm really toying with the idea of adding the dual exhaust. Post some pics if you get the chance.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will, I'll take pics in the morning. I have to take it in tomorrow for a small oil leak in the valve cover, so I won't have it a for a day or two.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
I have to agree that the hardest part was finding the kahuna's to cut the rear bumper. The actual install was very simple and straightforward. The Borla is very well made with tube and mufller sized for simple installation with excellent clamps.

I assume you've got the 3.2L with the auto trans. It would be nice to see how the auto and the manual compare with respect to drivetrain loss. I didn't dyno my car before the Borla, but I did afterwards with four different intakes and two sets of wheels to compare the differences. It does make a big difference in RWHP and torque. My car was putting 200 lb-ft to the rear wheels, which is 242 lb-ft at the flywheel assuming a very conservative 17.5% loss (that the V guys assume) with stock wheels/tires and stock intake. That's a gain of 22 ft-lbs over stock (10%). I can't wait to get the CMS headers on there. I'll be going back to the dyno after that for sure.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting tidbit, when I took off the stock exhaust, the gaskets that are supposed to be where the exhaust bolts into the cats were gone, on both sides!!! Thought it was kinda weird, but I ordered new ones and well get them put on as soon as I get my car back from the dealership.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Oooooh I envy you!!! I was going to get a borla but then decided it would be wiser to get new tires (they were badly worn and it really showed when I tried to drive in the snow). On the bright side I did go ahead and get a volant. Cant wait until it gets here!!!

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
The gaskets are two different types. One is a donut and if you look, it's probably stuck on the exhaust pipe. The other is a flat gasket that is also likely stuck on the other exhaust side. I bought both new just to be safe. The donut looked like new, but I didn't try to take it off the original exhaust.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
not sure how other members transported it, but i used my parents sierra van to get it to the exhaust shop. if i had to take a guess i would say the box is somewhere around 7ft. i don't think it will fit in the back of a caddy with the seats folded down. especially with the rear of the trunk having that 3" lip or so...squar box, round hole kinda thing...

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Blue Onyx Lux Sport
222 Posts
if your doing the mod why dont you talk to the person installing it and have it shipped to the place its getting done?

im lucky enough i work in an auto parts store and i ship everything there ... i shipped a whole crate engine for my old camaro there :) and the guys from shop came and picked it up :) so talk to the people that are doin it and im sure they will so no problem

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
Exactly, I just had my tires shipped from Tire rack to a shop down the street from my houser. I tracked the package there, called them when it was delievered and set an appointment up for the following morning.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
some distributors will only ship to the address associated with the card for security reasons. i've ran into this problem numerous times when i was away at school and wanted to make a purchase. i always had to ship the damn stuff home, then pick it up when i got a chance...it's a good idea though if they will let you...

·
Registered
222 Posts
ahhh i have never run into that problem ... i guess because its a store front ... sometimes its actually cheaper to order from online then me getting it throu my store (and my fammily owns it haha)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Oh crap. I had to ship it to a shop at the Canadian/US border since they don't ship to Canada. I was planning to drive down and pick it up in my caddy....but, now you're saying it won't fit??

I'm screwed.:rant2:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
i'm not a bettin man...but odds are i don't think it will fit. i don't know if Ody or other members actually transported it because they did it themselves...

once i took a look at the box sitting in my backyard i went, "oh, well it looks like i'm taking the van."

·
Registered
222 Posts
yea i orderd a full 3" custom exhaust (no cat thou) with BBK headers for my camaro and the box didnt fit in anything ... not my car my moms camaro sis mustang or aunts cts ... so i called a friend and walked 2 blocks with it to the shop :) haha

·
Registered
447 Posts
So any other users have input on the Borla system and it's size? What about the box, what if I took everything out of the box? Is that feasible? Going by Triple and Erock, it's not looking good!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
no friends with SUV's or light trucks?

i'm not sure if you took the parts out...that COULD work but i can't remember what was solid and what was not. i think the longest pieces would be from the rear of the resonarot to the muffler...i can't recall if the mufflers were attached to the pipe permanently or not....Ody would know since he was more "hands on"

1 - 20 of 30 Posts