Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are there no sound clips posted for the borla exhaust system on 3.2l cts'. I have seen posts with people saying they were going to but have never seen any.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
ditto. Laziness! LOL

Actually, CTSDreams has acool video that his wife filmed while he was "acting like a teenager" [ :D ] in his CTS, from inside his car of him accelerating, which gives a pretty good idea of the sound. I have a copy somewhere, but you can PM him for one. You'll need to install a Codec on your PC for the particular 'flavor' of .mpg that he has, that is specific to his camera. He can tell you more.

I posted a video (on CadillacFAQ) of my car hitting the 120mph barrier on the dyno, which gives the Borla sound from about 3000RPM to around 6000RPM. If you view it, you'll quickly notice that it's not accelerating very fast (it flattened out quickly after about 5500 RPM in fourth). I gotta figure out how to get rid of the speed limiter!

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/video/odydyno.html

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
that thing has been a splinter in your side for a while...figure it out already! i need to find out if they put the limiter on mine at the cheesy level when they updated my software 4 months ago...hopefully they didn't...

·
Registered
'04 Escalade EXT
352 Posts
They just updated my programming yesterday. they did this for the clock fix. I asked him if that was the only thing that the programming was for and he said that all he knew was that when there was a clock problem, gm wants them to install this upgrade. no idea of how long its been out, or if it is specific to the non sports packaage(i.e. 16" wheel which causes the 120mph speed limiter) or not. However my is just a luxury package so im not to worried about getting a higher speed limiter. I figure they did it for a reason, since i only have 16" wheels. anyone know if there is anything else in the code that they install for the clock in the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
126 Posts
sweet sound...I'm sold...

I may have to bust out the old credit card...a borla purchase can be justified as an emergency right? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
03' CTS..06' STS...99' Escalade
144 Posts
Ulises, i noticed you had been looking for a solution to an exhaust a couple months ago in a past thread here. I have had the Borla on my car now for almost 2 years, and I'll say its worth the upgrade, but take your time and search, as I found my exhaust new in box for $495 on ebay. :yup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
xcorpion1969 said:
Ulises, i noticed you had been looking for a solution to an exhaust a couple months ago in a past thread here. I have had the Borla on my car now for almost 2 years, and I'll say its worth the upgrade, but take your time and search, as I found my exhaust new in box for $495 on ebay. :yup:
You right are correct. I'm taking my time...I want to this right. For the first time i'm being very very picky on what or who goes in my car. I'm pretty much sold on the Borla (thanks to you guys:yup: )...and I'm 90% sure on the type of rims I want...Now I just need to line my other future mods up. I want to upgrade to Xenon lights, Nav, and new sounds...If only there was a package deal...that would be :halo:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
wow 500 bucks from ebay is great...i think you were way lucky with that. i only say that because the 3.2 seems less common that the 3.6 and parts for it aren't as readily sold. plus, you're relying on a private party (i assume) to sell something. i'd grow so impatient after waiting for something like that...sorta the reason i just ordered the borla online...luckily 899 shipped was a great deal, especially since i hear they upped it 50 bucks.

·
Registered
CTS-V
159 Posts
TripleOught said:
laziness. plus it's reeeeaaaaally cold here in michigan. ody, ctsdreams, what are your excuses?
OK, I guess it's up to me. I'll do a video using a regular video camera and convert it to a normal computer file. My son's here for Christmas, so maybe he will help out. He needs some fun since he just totaled his 05 WRX STi. He had it timed at a track at 4.2 sec 0-60. Was going home and got stupid and lost it on a turn and hit an embankment. At least he wasn't hurt and no one else was involved. I told him not to go Japanese.

·
Registered
413 Posts
3x0, they did up it $50, and I had to suffer when I ordered my Borla last Monday. And the real kicker is, its sitting in the Fedex station here in town, but I'm no supposed to get it until Tuesday, and I leave for Florida on Tuesday!!! Stupid hippies...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
haha, man that sucks...have to pay 50 extra and it's so close! don't you just want to go to the warehouse and break in? i mean...uh...yeah. i would. talk about anticipation, eh?

well, here in the detroit area it's warmed up about 10 degrees and although it's a soupy mess, i might get the vid camera out and video a few launches or so. i don't go back to work until the 3rd, so if not today, then another day. hopefully the weather stays mild.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
I'm also biased towards the Borla, since I have one. I got mine from a forum member who upgraded to a 3.6L, and took the old exhaust off before trading it it. Since it's stainless, it looked like new, even though it had been used for over a year.

I love the light burble and crackles when you let off the throttle. I can't wait for the headers to see how much they affect the tone. Although (according to my research) the Borla is one of the quietest performance exhausts, it's still very much there, with regard to sound. My girlfriend thinks it's too loud, but I love it. I may do the dynamat thing in the trunk and under the rear seat to muffle the interior just a bit. I've heard great things about a product called 'damplifier'.

The only thing I don't really like about the Borla is the massive tips (4"). I think they would have looked better with something a little smaller. My daughter calls it the 'batmobile' because of the dual "afterburners" hanging out back.

·
Registered
03' CTS..06' STS...99' Escalade
144 Posts
CTSdreams, i did post a vid/sound clip in this thread already of the Borla sound, I will make a driving in motion next.:lildevil:

·
Registered
CTS-V
159 Posts
xcorpion1969 said:
CTSdreams, i did post a vid/sound clip in this thread already of the Borla sound, I will make a driving in motion next.:lildevil:
Opps... sorry I sort of missed that. Saves me from having to do it. My CTS is an automatic so it's not pssible to get a very good sound of the exhaust since the car will not rev past 3k in park. The clip I did while getting on the on-ramp was a good indication of the sound under accelleration... too bad the clip was in a weird format. I'll wait to see your new one. PS.. I like the louvered bezel. Makes our cars look like twins.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts