Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
internet search
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there with problems or questions with "THE BEAST"?

·
Registered
2018 IMSA CTS-V ; 2019 CT6-V
13 Posts
Here's a strange problem for you. I've had my '19 since 12/28/2019. About 2 weeks ago, I got into the car to return to work after lunch, drove it out of my driveway and as was I driving down our street, the seatbelts started tightening. This wasn't their normal tightening, they got very tight, tight enough that they were mildly uncomfortable. They stayed that way for about half a mile and then got very loose. Shortly thereafter, I got a service Stabilitrak message followed by two service some other system messages. The last two messages came and went so quickly that I really didn't get a chance to read them. Car drove fine and I returned to work. After work, I returned home with no incidents. When I got into my garage and parked the car and turned it off, I received a message to allow an update to proceed. I allowed the update and have had no issues since then. I wonder if an update started when I parked it for lunch and I interrupted it and caused the issues. But, i received no notification about updates at lunch time. Anyway, it was a strange one.

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,342 Posts
I think the only over the air updates on this car are for the Cue system. The new Ct4 & Ct5 and Corvette C8 allow updates for the entire car because of the new electrical architecture.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looking thru the spokes on my chrome wheels, I noticed some grease on the inside of the wheel. Asked dealer to take a look at it when they "firmed up" the fit of the front splitter (the sticky tape was not holding fast). Turned out my axle was leaking out the RR hub after only 1500 miles. After replacement, the car now pulls to the right like it needs alignment. ?

·
Registered
internet search
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They had to fix the driver side front splitter on mine too. The sticky tape was pulling apart.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Cue seems to occasionally lose its mind . . . there are times when I connect my phone too soon after startup causing the system to reboot - when it does it loses the temp display and can no longer see the phone . . . . I was hoping that last update would fix the issue but apparently not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In addition to the strange happenings I posted above, I'm really disappointed with the paint on the front fascia. My car looks like its got pimples. There must be 50 small chips on it and the car only has 2300 miles on it. My 2018 CTS-V has exactly one chip after 7000 miles. The black plastic pieces on the right and left side of the fascia where the cameras are located also have this gray discoloration on them as well. Does the climate control arbitrarily change the heat settings on your seats on anyone else's car? Sometimes my heat is on full and it will arbitrarily go from max to medium to low without intervention from me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In addition to the strange happenings I posted above, I'm really disappointed with the paint on the front fascia. My car looks like its got pimples. There must be 50 small chips on it and the car only has 2300 miles on it. My 2018 CTS-V has exactly one chip after 7000 miles. The black plastic pieces on the right and left side of the fascia where the cameras are located also have this gray discoloration on them as well. Does the climate control arbitrarily change the heat settings on your seats on anyone else's car? Sometimes my heat is on full and it will arbitrarily go from max to medium to low without intervention from me.
Disregard the comment about the seat heat. Looks like if the climate control is set for auto, it controls seat heat as well. Didn't know that and this is the only Cadillac that I've owned that does this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I took the 'beast' to the Eagles Canyon Raceway road course track this weekend and had a blast! However as my skill and confidence (and speed) improved, the "Brakes overheating" warning message came up on the dashboard message center, and the next lap she lost power during maximum straightaway acceleration so my day was done. My car is strictly stock including the factory DOT 3. After doing a little research I found the attached in the service manual.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I took the 'beast' to the Eagles Canyon Raceway road course track this weekend and had a blast! However as my skill and confidence (and speed) improved, the "Brakes overheating" warning message came up on the dashboard message center, and the next lap she lost power during maximum straightaway acceleration so my day was done. My car is strictly stock including the factory DOT 3. After doing a little research I found the attached in the service manual. View attachment 578927
Looking for a definitive answer as to whether DOT 4 or Motul RBF 600 fluid would void warranty....Dealer service advisor suggested that if was not GM factory issue, it could void the warranty.

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
602 Posts
Today I gave a shout out to a CT6 driver parked nearby. He said it was a loaner and his 1800 mile Blackwing was at the dealer for two days and getting a new engine. He did not have time to chat but but did not know what caused the engine failure, only that the dealer called and said it needed a new engine. Here is a snap of the loaner which did have dealer plates. He did not say if his car was a V or a Platinum.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts