Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im back. Cars running great, go the navi installed, winter rims bought and put on, but now one of my front speakers is popping. DAMNIT!! Just wondering if anyone has an excellent recommendation for replacement speakers that will work off of the factory unit? Not the Bose unit. It amazes me of the knowledge that this site has and how everyone pulls together to help each other out. So, again here I am at your mercy, Let me have the wisdom:D :D :D :D :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup:

Mike

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
The guys in the V forum have been installing the Infinity Kappa's. They're 2 ohm to match the Bose amp and aren't cheap. My guess for the base amp, the Infinity Reference series should sound very nice. Go to Crutchfield and do some research on speakers, first. Check SPL (make sure it's above 90), frequency response, and price range. Then go to Circuit City, Best Buy or your favorite audio store and listen to them. Each person has a different ear, different musical taste, and a different budget. Hip Hop demands a much different setup than classical.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
FlyFlip420 said:
Thanks for the reccomendation, but do you know anyone that has put them in or have you heard them? I have read alot of suggestions, but nothing from someone that actually put them in with this setup.
I have the Infinity References installed. They sound great and drastically improve the bass response. The tweeters are also much clearer than the stock ones.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
I too have the stock non-Bose unit. Replaced mine with the infinity reference. Its a huge difference over the stock and relatively easy install. The amp is very low power, so if your staying totally stock go the Kappa's. I'm adding an amp so the infinitys sound will be more to their abilities. The stock amp is only dishing out about 20 watts a channel so the infinity's fall off a bit on mid volume (their 4 ohm), the Kappa's being 2 ohm will give good volume nearly all the way to their max volume. I wanted more crisp driving clarity, so I needed more go juice, the 65 watts per channel MTX amp should help me their. The infinitys are at Circuit City to listen to, the Kappa's here are at a high end stereo place called Sound Advice. Try similar place were your at to hear them. The Kappa's sound very good if your just looking for plug and play. There is an install page here so trust me, you can do it yourself. The tweeters are the toughest to install because the little suckers are difficult to pop out of the post, but doable, and they will also be the best improvement. Good Luck with your choice.

G

·
0 Posts
I have a non bose stereo, my question is what ohm rating is the rear speakers.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have sent numerous emails and I am sorry if you dont get them. As far as adding an amp, how are you adding it? With the low level inputs? Are you buying the adapter from JL audio? Have you found a better way?? Thats what I want to do, but didnt think it was very feasible

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts