Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

I just finished a quick drive to the ice cream store with my faithful helper (8 year old son) to celebrate the UUC install. It's like a fine bolt action rifle and no more 2nd gear engagement BS. Quick snick, snick, snick through the gears. I'd suggest it to everyone with a V.

I really like this, but I see why Caddy would avoid it as stock. Very short throws and it's easy to mistake reverse when reaching for 5th (only ground it once) but the average driver would likely do it often.

Only one screw up, seems I knocked the speedometer connector loose. Didn't notice it until the drive home! I'll climb under tomorrow and fix it.

Luke, a thousand thanks for getting it shipped to me so quickly. A suggestion you may want to relay to UUC, have them put an arrow (black Sharpie would work) on the bottom of the shfiter to know the proper direction to install. I had to reverse the shfiter so it would shift. No biggy!

Happy motoring. I'm looking forward to clean precise shifts at the track June 4th.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Congrats on the install- I love mine.

If I remember correctly, the instructions do point out that the bottom of the shifter is flat on one side to (try to) prevent incorrect installation. You probably skipped that step in your excitement to get it installed :D.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I installed my UUC Friday, it actual did have "front" written with sharpie on the lower pivot. But I find it kinda hard to see how you cant notice the slash cut on the front for the stock shifter. Seems like it happens enough that they put "front" on mine.

Anyways, love it as well and very sorry i waited this long to do the mod. I installed it from the top, definetly doable but do need a helper to make it easier.

John

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,208 Posts
Isn't it a vast improvement, Mark? :highfive:

Changes the driving experience for the better ... far better. Best mod I've done so far. :thumbsup:

·
14,208 Posts
For all practical purposes, there's really only two aftermarket shifters: the UUC and the B&M. I've driven both, and they shift very similarly ... however, one of them, apparently, requires $5 worth of Dynamat to make it as quiet as the other one. Otherwise, I am unable to explain the difference between them. :confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rand,
I hear what your saying, but its just not something I wanted to risk. The UUC really is a nice peice of kit from an engineering standpoint. Its almost a shame that its all covered up.

This is my daily driver, family car with 425HP, and I cant risk having obnoxious gear noise like my old 1995 Mustang GT.

John

·
14,208 Posts
Rand,
I hear what your saying, but its just not something I wanted to risk. The UUC really is a nice peice of kit from an engineering standpoint. Its almost a shame that its all covered up.

This is my daily driver, family car with 425HP, and I cant risk having obnoxious gear noise like my old 1995 Mustang GT.

John
Understand completely, John. When I did mine, I had to count every penny as mod money just wasn't there to be had. If I did it over again, I would seriously consider a UUC based upon the comments here on this forum. As it is, my B&M is absolutely quiet as can be so I have no reason to swap it out. The whole point is, the shifting is SO much better than the stocker, everybody should be doing this. It's just so nice to hear the guys who have done it rave about it. :highfive:

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
B&M is discontinued. But they are making one more batch for atlantic speed. They are making 100 for them and they will be done buy the third week of june. They will be around $200. So if anyone wants one you must contact atlantic speed.

Gene

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
Both have the same install. The B&M is quiet if you change the bushings and has a slightly shorter throw than the UUC (determined by a side by side comparison).

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
The sound reminds me of my old 7mm mag:thumbsup:

Put a hole through it from enzone to enzone...

edit: A typical fly fishing trip up in the White Mountains of Arizona's high country...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts