Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Commemorative Air Force, Dallas TX flies (I think) the last B-29 in airworthy condition . FiFi, with a giant A on the vertical stabilizer. Its flight schedule calls for it to be in Baltimore, MD (Martin airport ?) May 13 - 17, then to Farmingdale, NY tomorrow.

It just (at 1330) flew over here (like, 2,000 feet up over here) from Dover AFB to the Naval Academy (graduation week) then back to Dover and then back to Martin. (Glenn L. Martin ANG base). I would imagine that Dover AFB would be the only place that would have the necessary 100/130 octane avgas the thing drinks.

You could hear it coming miles away in the NE - low altitude, low power, low speed cruise. First one I've seen since I was a kid in DC at the end of WW-II. Goosebumps

7 - 8 years ago a B-17, B-25, and Mustang flew in to Easton airport, 25 miles SE of here. We went to the fly-in and reception/tour. Most wonderful.

The CAF used to be named the Confederate Air Force, a slew of old pilots, veterans, and worshippers that maintained vintage aircraft to perfection. Unfortunately the politically correct fruitcakes and the disgusting ACLU rammed through a name change.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,063 Posts
One of the most gracefully proportioned aircraft ever built.

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
I have a dear friend whose father would be about your age, Sub, if he were still with us. The father was an official photographer for the United States government. The son still has many of his amazing photos, many of which the father hand-colored himself. The father and son both were aviation buffs, and there are incredible pictures in his collection of aircraft on carriers landing, taking off, etc. He also had several pictures of various world politicians and dignitaries from meetings around D.C. Two particularly interest sets were bound, colored collections from two different ships, one being a carrier. Maybe one day I can get a hold of some of them and scan them, and post them here.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,963 Posts
That would be a great treat if you could get him to share some!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts