Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 cts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found an aftermarket company that supplies body side moldings for a 09 CTS . I am looking to protect the doors from parking lot dings .Matching body color would be nice .

·
Registered
'09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium
268 Posts
Do a "Google" ...

Do a "Google" on color matched body side moldings ... You'll get a lot of hits. I bought some magnetic side moldings for my Z3 Mcoupe that I attach ONLY if I cannot find a decent place to park. I got them at "Z3 Solutions"; go here for the link, then do a site search for magnetic. Give 'em a call. I measured the length that I wanted and they made them to fit. (You're welcome! ;) )

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Thunder Gray Chromaflair/Ebony
798 Posts
I was initially very concerned about this new trend in car design as well. After owning my CTS for over 9 months I am pleasantly surprised it doesn't have one single ding. Which is really surprising because I use the CTS for work and it gets parked overnight at hotels and parking garages occasionally.

The only thing I can figure....the car is so beautiful that no one else wants to scratch it either.:yup:

If it were me, I would research how much it costs to buy and install a nice looking side molding and then throw the money in a piggy bank to go towards the repair of your first ding.

·
Registered
08 CTS
176 Posts
go to bright trim.com $129 already painted, and i beleive a few $$$ shipping.Had mine over a year and they look good on the car. easy to install, direction gives the exact measurment as where to install them, and my color(red) was a perfect match.

·
Registered
'09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium
268 Posts
Nice!

I agree ... those don't look too bad! For permanent protection, that's the way to go. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS Coupe '11 CTS '08 , '07 and '05
117 Posts
I'm with Yatesd. I was initially concerned about it, but it has been 1 1/2 years and not a single ding. IMHO save the money and save the looks. The beauty is intimidating.

·
Registered
09 CTS 3.6 Metallic Red, 11 Subaru Outback, 04 Malibu Maxx
278 Posts
I got them thru my dealership installed for $165, same as referenced above..........here in northern va...lots of opportunities for door dings in closed in parking garages.....I dont think they take anything away from the lines in the car..my dealership also offers the full line of of E&G Classicproducts as well...so its simple to accessorize if one wants too

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts
I'm with Yatesd...IMHO save the money and save the looks. The beauty is intimidating.
I agree, even though I've already spent $377 to repair a nasty door ding: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum-2008-beyond/153240-damn-parking-lots-careless-people-door.html#post1672020.

But the most compelling reason of all to NOT purchase body side moldings is simply this:
Q: What are the odds that the height and contour of another vehicle's door will perfectly align with your CTS' body side molding and, thereby, actually prevent a door ding?
A: Virtually nil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts