Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 3.6L v6 cts lux
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got into an accident 2 hours ago. lady hit the back of my car hard. her car looks fine. mine?... well here are the pics...

the good thing is that the accident occured practically in front of the body shop that my ins company uses so he stuck up for me when the cops came. he also asked me if i had any thing i wanted taken care of on the car that he could charge it to the insurance. i was like ::chaching:: he's gonna install the modded v-shocks and eibachs i have lying around, and repaint the whole car and put it under the damage of the car so i dont have to pay a thing except for the $500 deductable. only thing that sucks is that i was just starting to enjoy the volant and my lower back feels a bit stiff.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Too bad about the crash, your fine and thats all that matters, go with the V front bumper if your going to paint the entire car!

X

·
0 Posts
Ahh, looks fine...just rub it out and let some air out of the left tire and see if that straightens the ride out...

just kidding...that shit sucks WAAAAY bad. You dont happen to have a gray/black interior that was "ruined" in the wreck do you? I'm looking for a set...

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Sue! Sue! Sue!

Looks like she's been hitting a lot with that car throughout!
Make sure you get your back straightened out as well! Hope you are well!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
maybe the wheel damaged the exhaust and now u gotta replace your cts-V exhaust :stirpot: .. V rear bumper.... upgraded brakes? cts-V uses better ones than ours i think? (u can do the back two only, insurance pay for one & you buy the other one for the passenger-side rear)? just an idea :)

X

·
0 Posts
kinda looks like you're tucking 16"s with air suspension :cool2:

it also kinda looks like that lady hit you real good.... hopefully everything works, and you get it back better than it was before! :highfive:

·
Registered
2004 3.6L v6 cts lux
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have to pay for a deductable because i want my insurance to get on it right away and since the body shop works directly with the insurance agency that i happen to deal with it would be easier since HE IS the appraiser/shop affiliated with state farm. hmm as for the v-bumper it looks practically the same except for the additional horrizontal groove on the bottom. what else should i get done?

·
Registered
'06 CTS 3.6L Sport Appearance pkg
155 Posts
I second the notion to go through her insurance. I was recently hit and I went through the ladies insurance. They issued me a check in about a 9 days and paid for a rental car while it was in the shop. I had to negotiate with them but in the end they paid 100%. I did not have to pay a deductible and it is not a claim on my insurance. It really was quite easy. My insurance agent actually suggested I do it that way. If she hit you, why pay a dime for fixing it? Definitely get some extra work done also.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6 SOLD!Now SAAB 9-3(me), CTS Wagon(mom), STS 3.6(dad)
457 Posts
what kind of exhaust do you have? or are those tips?

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I know you have very deep feelings about the accident and the repair opportunity, but you might want to be careful about what you put in writing. Some ins auditor might run across your post and misinterpret it. He might even try to label it as insurance fraud. Your body shop guy is likely doing some marketing with you so that you bring the business to him rather than to some other shop down the street. Confusius once say: If you put it in writing, expect everyone in world to read it.

Sorry for your troubles.

·
Registered
2004 3.6L v6 cts lux
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it' a gutted v-exhaust. some fiberglass was pulled out of the mufflers. it gives it a throatier sound.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts