Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 DTS LuxII, 1969 El Camino SS396, 2008 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4,
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rather new to the forums and recently a first time new owner to an 02 SLS. It has a pretty good service history but does have some of the notorious MN cancer rust starting in the rear driver side quarter panel.
The car is good enough to repair the damage. I have welding skills and have done previous minor repairs with those skills. I was told by another CAD lover who is a 25 year body work tradesman that few do panel spot welding in todays repairs. He recomended using a panel bonding adhesive to make the repair. Does anyone have experience using this method?
I would love to tackle this if it is a method that could equal and make better sense costwise and less labor instensive work to achieve a high quality repair. I can also do my own paint work but Sandra (as I like to call her) has the white diamond finish and I could easily screw that up after hearing the process to achieve the a factory like result.

So again who has experience in panel bonding and can provide recomendations? Or should it be a welded repair? My old school mind tells me metal - replace the metal with metal.

Thoughts? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,405 Posts
For this one I would seek the advice of a GOOD body shop - the car is worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts