Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
this is in the 2015.5 Escalades they are called 2015i and are the ones with 4g and wifi...i'm sure it might be a couple years before this wanders down to ATS

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,399 Posts
Pass, not too interested and everything comes with a price. Also seeing it a lot more useful on a full size SUV compared to a small sedan.

·
Registered
'14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium
1,158 Posts
If this came with either a recorder built in and available via an app for security purposes I would have interest.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
Would have to test it in person. My first reaction is not that big a deal and adds to the cost of the car.

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
No interest whatsoever. As some mentioned, it would add to cost of car with very little residual value IMO. What I would rather have is an interior recording camera on passenger side showing driver's view when talking to police regarding tickets, etc. Also wouldn't mind a dash mounted camera as well. To me, those 2 examples would be a better option. :coffee:

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One of the reasons why I chose Cadillac is because I can have equal or more technology for less money than the German counterpart. I just love these cool techs. Guess I am one of the minority here (maybe the only one) who wishes this tech made it to the ATS :/

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I was interested in the "Driver Assist Package" but then saw it was a $3380 option. Suddenly wasn't interested in it either. I wonder how many of the "love the tech" group bought this package.

Very common for most to say "definitely interested" but don't bring up that they are interested in it at zero or close to zero extra cost.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
I was interested in the "Driver Assist Package" but then saw it was a $3380 option. Suddenly wasn't interested in it either. I wonder how many of the "love the tech" group bought this package.

Very common for most to say "definitely interested" but don't bring up that they are interested in it at zero or close to zero extra cost.
I love technology but would not spend that much money for those options. The only one I want is cross traffic alert, but I do not want a car braking for me. I was going around a sharp curve and the hud flashed red and my seats vibrated because it thought a car coming in the opposite direction was something I was going to hit. If it had locked up the brakes that would not have been good.

C

·
0 Posts
I think it would be great if something like that included a minute or so of recorded footage on an sd card during an accident.
Or even the new PDR system with a split screen view showing the front and rear camera footage would work for me..

·
Registered
548 Posts
I can see screen sizes getting larger in the future, because of the advancing tech in cars. Too bad it's moving like a slug and the manufacturers aren't making tech an accessory upgrade for prior model years.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I love technology but would not spend that much money for those options. The only one I want is cross traffic alert, but I do not want a car braking for me. I was going around a sharp curve and the hud flashed red and my seats vibrated because it thought a car coming in the opposite direction was something I was going to hit. If it had locked up the brakes that would not have been good.
I agree. There are some "S" curves near my house that has cars parked on both sides of it. Every time I go through there I get the same red light and seat vibrating because the car doesn't understand I will follow the curves and not run into the back of the parked cars. If it was up to the car it would have me slam on the brakes before the curves to avoid hitting them. I guess I would come to a stop right before the curves which would be great for the people behind me. A lot of this "tech" is far from perfect and it makes me wonder really how far we are off from self driving cars when my pretty new car can't figure out that I will follow the road around the curve.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts