Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from driving the new CTS DI AWD auto.
Coming from BMW 530, Audi A6 Turbo and many other european cars, and being a total car nut, I was not sure what to expect. I was very thrilled with the test drive. The engine is smooth, powerfull once you go above 2500 RPM. The exhaust sound while flooring the gas pedal is great. Once you are up to speed the ride is very quiet. The car had the 18" wheels and all weather tires. The handling was similar to my car and felt very solid. Steering felt a little light at slow speeds, but tightened up over 50 mph.
The ride on the highway is very quiet and very well controled. The transmision which i had in sports mode shifted smoothly but not a quickly as in my BMW, especialy when getting off the gas so that it should upshift.
Guages are clear, seats are comfortable and the whole dashboard is nice. It is the best built american car out there.
Hope this helps you guys. I will be ready for a new car by December and will cosider the CTS.
Udi

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
Thanks for your heads up. If your considering getting a cadillac CTS..get a gmcard. 1 800 947 1000 . charge up 10 grand and you'll get 1000 dollars off..

then another 1000 because you own a BMW and are buying a cadillac..

Its already a very competitive priced vehicle...but an extra two grand can't hurt in your decision making processs.

Good to hear your review.

·
Registered
Cadillac
185 Posts
Welcome to the Cadillac forum!
I saw my first '08 CTS this morning at the Cadillac dealership in the SF Bay Area & it is magnificent!:thumbsup:
I believe it is everything the reviews & people say about it & possibly more.
Very impressed by my first look around both inside & out.
The only one at the dealership was Thunder Gray w/Ebony interior.
Simply gorgeous, sexy, classy & fast looking!:worship:
Cadillac did their homework & did a super job of executing the new CTS.
I wanted it as soon as I saw it.
Ideally, I'd like a CTS V-Series w/automatic transmission & the same color/interior combos as in the regular CTS.
Can't wait to see the upcoming '09 CTS V-Series!

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Welcome Udi. I wondered how the AWD compared to the BMW and Audi versions.

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi B Hoth,
The AWD is totally automatic, you can not feel it working in the dry. The car felt very much glued to the road. Very similar to the BMW.
Udi

·
Registered
None
1,151 Posts
Thanks for your heads up. If your considering getting a cadillac CTS..get a gmcard. 1 800 947 1000 . charge up 10 grand and you'll get 1000 dollars off..

then another 1000 because you own a BMW and are buying a cadillac..
Can you put $10,000 of the purchase price of the car on the card to get the $1,000 back?

Also, I'm an Infiniti owner and I saw this offer on an eBay auction for a new CTS. Where does everyone get this information? On the Cadillac site, there are no special offers listed.

Tony

·
Registered
746 Posts
Toni,

I've never heard of a dealer allowing more than a grand as a deposit which at the next credit card billing cycle would give you 50 bucks off if you wait till after the billing cycle occurs.

Just charge up normal expenses and you'll probably find it pretty easy with enough time to rack up one thousand dollars in bonus points..

I don't know if they still do it but the credit card company used to offer transfer checks to be written up to your credit limit.
They used to offer it without a transfer fee and allow the 5 % to be credited to your account as long as you did it during the first 60 days of card ownership..

I used to write a ten grand check and two days later mail a check for 10010 dollars.. the checks would pass in the night and I'd accumulate 500 per 10,000 check written. I'd do it twice and make a grand towards the price of a new GM vehicle.

Not sure if they still do this but it used to be a quick way to make a grand off the new GM car I'd purchase.

Good luck

JB

·
Registered
746 Posts
ps if you buy a new gm vehicle in the past they offered an extra 1000 dollar conquest rebate as long as you had a foriegn car registered in the driveway.

Thats a free grand to you guys with foreign luxury vehicles .ie mercedes, bmw, infiniti, acura, volvo etc..

Not sure if its going to be run on the new cts which debutes september 17th or there abouts but I'd bet yes..

GM will try and lure non gm owners into the fold with a thousand dollar incentive that owners of GM vehicles don't get.

Good luck deciding.

·
Registered
09 CTS DI FE3
416 Posts
Good to hear some BMW and Infiniti guys thinking of making the switch. I just see the CTS being much more bang for the buck than the 5 series and I like it's styling better than both the 5 and G35. That will most likely be the reason I buy one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts