Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone out there have the BMR trailing arms? i got under the car recently, and with your right foot on the brake and left foot slightly engaging and disengaging the clutch you can see all the shifting and sloppy motion in action. it looks like 90% of the slop is coming from the trailing arm bushings. It seems like these would firm up the rear end more than anything else would.

What are all the supposed benefits of these trailing arms? anyone with some experience with these?

I am trying to decide between some suspension mods, and am having a hard time believing that the rear cradle itself needs to be braced to keep from flexing. (ie: the kars and bmr anti hop brace bars and brackets). It seems more like the $17 wheel hop mod and bmr trailing arms would work better. this would tighten up the cradle to the body, bc it seems like that is the primary problem, not the flexing of the actual boxed steel cradle. i recommend checking trailing arm slop for yourself. do the little simulation with a friend, and it becomes really apparent where the loose-ness is.

Any suggestions? I need help deciding. thanks guys

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the complete BMR suspension upgrade, pinion brace, toe rod kit, trailing arms and anti-wheelhop kit. I am pleased with the results, however, I do seem to have more squeaking from the bushings.

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
The trailing arms need to be shimmed to be able to torque them down properly.

Same goes for the toe rods.

I installed washers on both sides of the toe rod that mount to the frame/cradle, and the same to the trailing arm that mounts to the frame.

If you don't, the mountings can get all bent and tweaked or the assembly will rattle in the mount.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
That doesn't sound like a very good design if they aren't even thick enough to be torqued down...... :(

·
Registered
CTS-V
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heavy, did you buy and install them all at once? or do you know the difference of a couple individual things?

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
I don't flog my car.

The most noticeable thing is that the trailing arms got rid of some of the spongy feeling stuff.

The toe rods a little but not that noticeable. I like the fact that they aren't gonna bend though and got rid of the rubber stuff.

The rear is pretty tight though and that is with stock bushings.

Dealer offered to install, but said I wouldn't like them so I passed.

Maybe I got lucky and got a good one, or I haven't flogged it enough to tweak the cradle but I am real happy with the car.

I am interested to see how it feels when I get the new rims on.

I should be able to tell the differance, I understand that it is over 12 lbs of unsprung reduction (yeah, that justified them!).:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts