Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 2004 CTS-V
173 Posts
My $0.02 - Put the money towards a KARS Stage3 kit (or the big enchilada).
I have the KARS Stage 3---can I use the BMR in concert with the KARS???

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
Just installed mine.. It was a beeeoch getting the bolt in due to the heat/sound shield next to the rearend, but it WORKS! It actually works really well! There is still a little noise there, but I would call it normal noise for any manual trans car!

Def. worth the money! Do it and drive w/o the clunk!

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
Well, a little update after driving w/ the support for a few days.. There is still a little bit of "clunk" there. I would say about 85-90% of the clunk is gone, but there is still some that is noticable. Just FYI :D

·
Registered
Cadillac
739 Posts
I use it it and I have had it from 10k miles... Works very well...

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,140 Posts
Just installed mine.. It was a beeeoch getting the bolt in due to the heat/sound shield next to the rearend, but it WORKS! It actually works really well! There is still a little noise there, but I would call it normal noise for any manual trans car!

Def. worth the money! Do it and drive w/o the clunk!
Do you have just the pinion support, or did you get the Anti-Wheel Hop Kit, too?

Thanks!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
209 Posts
I have both the Wheel hop kit and Pinion support. They make a HUGE difference in launch and drivability. There is a little more noise but not objectionable. Worth the money.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,140 Posts
Just the support.. But the wheelhop kit won't cut down on the nolse any..
Ahh, thanks. I thought the clunk and wheel hop issues were inter-related, so the AWHK would also help with the clunk. Looks like I'll try just the pinion support to start out with and see how that goes.

·
Registered
2013 ATS / 2016 ATS-V
552 Posts
I have the BMR pinion support on mine and dont think it helped one bit, I can hear that thing clunk all the time especially during parking lot manuevors, I also got rid of the BMR spacers(for sale if anyone wants) from the awhk but kept the brace, The interior noise was embarissing with people in the car,Damn it is a caddy right? The Hog WHats the word on shimming the bushings? are you reffering to the wheel hop issue?

·
Registered
Cadillac
15 Posts
I have the pinion support also and don't feel it did a darn thing. I was thinking maybe I didn't get the bolt tight enough... but am not sure. Any help?

·
Registered
235 Posts
now im really confused. i hate the doughy feel of the rear end, also the clunk is annoying, half seem to love the product and half say its useless. can anyone make sense of this??

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
Gotta get the dealer to replace the bushing on the rearend to get the clunk to really go away.. The support only helps about 80% of the time..

Edit: They're replacing my tranny and rearend to get the clunk gone..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts