Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a Bluetooth integration kit that will use the OnStar microphone as well as the stereo speakers? I've found a couple that are plug-and-play with the stereo and speakers, but none use the existing microphone and I want a really clean install in my expensive-truck-with-no-factory-Bluetooth-unlike-every-other-vehicle-in-its-class.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI
63 Posts
I'm dying for this same aftermarket option. It seems like there should be a device that can plug in behind the dash and use all of the OnStar buttons that are there along with the mic and stereo speakers. As soon as someone finds this... LET ME KNOW!!! I'll buy immediately.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
costaltech has a kit for it.
I don't believe so. Do you have one? The issue is that the Lockpicks allow hookup of a bluetooth hands-free kit, but it does not use the OnStar mic. You need to use the mic. from the bluetooth kit.

I want no extra microphones! :bouncy:

Dave

·
Registered
Cadillac
80 Posts
That's coorrect on the lockpick. I installed the new GMX-320 and the Motorola hf-1000 bluetooth kit tonight, and I thought the lockpick would allow me to use the OnStar mike, so I cut off the wire to the mike. lucky me I had enough wire to splice it back together. Now I'm wondering where to install the mike. I also want a clean look.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just splice into the OnStar mic. It will work on both.
Have you done this or just believe it will work? I've seen the schematics for the OnStar mic and I don't believe this will work but I've not see what the hands-free kits do or expect in terms of their microphones.

Dave

·
Registered
Cadillac
118 Posts
I have not done it, but a microphone is merely 2 conductors. Cut the microphone off of the BT kit and splice it to the OnStar microphone. If you plan to still use OnStar I would use wire taps, if you don't care just cut it. I wouldn't advise pushing the OnStar button while using the microphone with the BT kit though if you go that route. If you don't want to do that, just run the BT kit's microphone into the same position as the OnStar's microphone. (They'll be sitting side by side in the same space.) Just pop the paneling to expose the OnStar microphone, and then run your wires underneath the headliner. Mind you I'm speaking right now from the 2007 Yukon, where you can pop the panel right next to the moonroof controls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts