Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

There's a small audience of folks that may be able to help, but here it goes...

Several months ago I installed the BT system that Reed so generously coordinated for us (in conjunction with the Moto BT unit). The system worked great until recently. Now, more often than not, I get horrible feedback when the BT is active (i.e., on a call or even when the little onstar logo is displayed on the screen, when just interfacing with the unit).

I'm not entirely sure where to even look. I was thinking maybe it was a ground, but perhaps the BT interface unit is dying. Not sure how to tell. I've not yet pulled the console/radio part of the dash apart (because it's a bit of PITA to do so), so I haven't checked the ground.

Has anyone else experience a similar problem?

Appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
what do you mean when you say horrible feedback? Is it static? squeal? hissing? or is it that morse code type bleeping that so often bleeds over from bluetooth devices?

I doubt it is the R&M interface as there is nothing wireless in it, so there is no where for interference to enter it.

The only feedback you should get through the ground is engine whine. Any other feedback would come in though the actual bluetooth receiver or your radio antenna. I think.

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Static, highish pitched noise. it's variable in pitch, not a continuous squeal....

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Does it go up and down with the engine speed? If so, that is definitely engine whine coming in though the ground. You can use a ground loop isolator, but those only reduce the whine, they dont eliminate it. The only way to eliminate it is to ground off the same spot the radio or amp is. I pulled my power and ground right from the amp to avoid engine whine.

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
check your amp input connections... I initially didnt use the pins included in the kit (I spliced) and when i went around a turn wrong, I would get noise...

When I installed the pins that comes with the kit, It worked great..

Reed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts