Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive looked through several pages on bluetooth search, however no definitive answer. I just purchased an '11 escalade and no phone will recognize the truck. Dealer was no help, just gave pairing instructions. No previous phones are connected. I really do not want to go with aftermarket head unit, unless absolutely the last option. I have found the interface units from PAC, however they say for replacement of factory head unit. In everyone's experience, what is need to make the factory BT work with Apple and Android phones?

·
Registered
716 Posts
It will work for phone calls only. Music streaming is not supported. Many here have added aftermarket adapters to get it to work (as have I).

Lots of different solutions depending on what level of performance you're after.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
810 Posts
If you’re referring to the BT not the A2DP (music) pairing there is a solution. Assuming your VCIM (OnStar) is still connected you’ll need to wake it up by holding the talk or the largest steering wheel button on the right side.

The VCIM freaks out if more than 5 phones are paired to the module.

With vehicle in park, key in accessory position,

Press the push to talk button. Say "Hands Free" then at the next prompt say "Bluetooth". Then say "List," which will provide the nametags of all the phones paired. Now start again with "Hands Free" then "Bluetooth" then say "Delete" and give the name tags of the phones to remove.

There’s more tips in te link below this info is copied from …

Yes, also order the BT A2DP module mentioned in the previous post. Besides music, it will allow the navigation on your phone to link to your Bluetooth. It also allows the phones Navi directions to play over those A2DP tunes simultaneously AND still pause, mute and turn the HVAC fan speed down when a BT call comes or being initiated.

It’s obvious GM did not want A2DP streaming in their vehicles because it would of made all the old skool technology installed (circa 2010) instantly obsolete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No phone will pickup the BT. I ordered the BTS-GM1x and installed it, works great for music streaming but still no handsfree phone. I see Crutchfield has BTGM-33, however it is out of stock everywhere. Anyone know about the BTGM-20?

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
810 Posts
Did the info below not work? Can you call out to an OnStar Rep by pressing buttons on mirror? If you can't, someone has disconnected the OnStar / VCIM module.

No?

Press the push to talk button. Say "Hands Free" then at the next prompt say "Bluetooth". Then say "List," which will provide the nametags of all the phones paired. Now start again with "Hands Free" then "Bluetooth" then say "Delete" and give the name tags of the phones to remove.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did the info below not work? Can you call out to an OnStar Rep by pressing buttons on mirror? If you can't, someone has disconnected the OnStar / VCIM module.

No?

No, the BT is activated by holding call button, saying BT, then pair, list, etc. There are no phones paired or listed. There are no phones paired to delete. Onstar works, talked with them to no avail.

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
810 Posts
You’ll have to pull the Navi to inspect the harness connectors on the VCIM. If all are seated properly try plan b.

You may be able to work around the BT issue by providing the VCIM w/ an aux BT antenna. While it’s out add a wye cord and BT antenna (# 15938939) from an 09.

eBay: Dual Male Fakra Y-Splitter to Female Fakra Antenna Adapter Cable 12" for VW AUDI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts