Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 CTS 3.6 Coupe Premium Black
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've struggled all morning trying to get audio to stream from my VZW Moto X, and TMob Note 4 to my 2012 CTS Premium w/NAV. Phones connect fine, send receive/calls is fine, but no music. I tried going around it and loaded music to a 32G USB drive. DL'ed everything to HDD, except for 2 long mixes(1.5hrs+). Not only can I not stream music directly from my phone, but large music files can't be read from the USB drive.

Next workaround was a BT/USB adapter that I have. The car won't recognize that device.

Last option is a cord from phone to AUX jack, and that is no option. Absolutely not!

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
Black Tesla Model 3, long range, AWD
689 Posts
Your phone connecting fine and being able to send/receive calls fine but not stream music is how your car works. The available Bluetooth isn't meant for streaming music, nor is it possible. It's only for phone calls.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
51 Posts
I have an A2DP adapter. It's a bit clunky to use as is does not reconnect automatically. The sound quality is typical Bluetooth, adequate but not HiFi (well neither is the Bose system).
But I can now stream music, and mix in the voice from the Waze application at the same time.

·
Registered
12 CTS 3.6 Coupe Premium Black
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may try another adaptor. I typically use streaming services quite a bit.

As far as the USB/ large file issue I mentioned, it wasn't a file size issue at all. Poking around the forums I read mention of bit rate compatibilty. I coverted my 320kbps files to 128kbps and they were recognized, and rec'd to the HDD. A couple of those files were 2+ hour long mixes.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,339 Posts
As far as the USB/ large file issue I mentioned, it wasn't a file size issue at all. Poking around the forums I read mention of bit rate compatibilty. I coverted my 320kbps files to 128kbps and they were recognized, and rec'd to the HDD. A couple of those files were 2+ hour long mixes.
So the mix tape is out and the mix disc is in. :stirpot:
But don't throw away your old tapes...look at the comeback of the headphones! :yup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts