Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i lost my bluetooth equipped v710 phone a few weeks ago, and i filed an insurance claim for a replacement. well they sent me a brand new in box motorola v710. the cool thing was that all the new v710's now come packaged with an hs-805 bluetooth headset. probably one of the cheapest headsets out there but hey it was free. well the bad thing was that, within 2 weeks of arrival, the phone started actin funny then died. the insurance company agreed to replace it as long as i send the messed up one back, so i sent it figuring id get a refurb or somethin, well they sent me ANOTHER brand new in box motorola v710 with hs 805 packaged in.

well, i have no use for 2 headsets and i figure i wont get much if i try to sell one so i now plan to take apart my rearview mirror and one of the headsets, and connect the speaker and mic outputs from the headset to the mirror speaker and mic. the circuit board for the hs805 is very small, about the length and width of a AAA battery so finding a mounting place should be a problem, ill try to get as many pictures as possible in case it works and anyone else plans to follow my lead

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so my post was hurried...

a few more details about my project

first, the reason i am callin it "Project Bluestar" is because i will be replacing all the functions of the OnStar Mirror with those of a headset, so all the functions of the headset will be on the mirror bluetooth + onstar + a little hackin = BlueStar (really tho it just sounded better than onTooth

i plan on supplying the headsets circuit board with constant power, it is currently powered by a AAA battery that will do 22 hours talk time and considerably more standby. taking that into consideration im assuming thats VERY little current draw so it should not affect vehicle battery life. leaving it on at all times will make it easier and faster to connect with the phone when i get into the car.

i plan on lookin creating (if possible) a relay circuit that shuts off the amplifiers when a call comes in or the headset "smartbutton" is pressed. effectively muting all sound while on the phone

·
Registered
92 Eldorado Touring Coupe
77 Posts
Interesting concept....Any updates?

·
Registered
2001 DeVille DHS
9 Posts
I was thinking of trying to do something similar to this myself, but I don't have the guts to go cutting up a car that I just bought 2 weeks ago. I have a 2001 DeVille with OnStar that I really don't think I'll ever use.

Anybody else seen anything like this since? Or has the author persued the manner any further?

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, my soldering iron wasnt small enough, and the insides of the mirror were very tiny and way more complicated than i anticipated, basically i messed up and scrapped the project

·
Registered
02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup
2,172 Posts
Too bad.... would have been one of the coolest things done in a looong time.

:(

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theres a radio repair guy nearby who gets little to no business, im sure he'd love to tackle a job like this if well enough compensated. i couldnt take the credit for it but id be able to say it worked

·
Registered
02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup
2,172 Posts
Its not about the credit... its about the idea and the end result. :)

This is one I hope to see pulled off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts